Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Seems trump is leaning towards subsidies or something to boost the restaurant and entertainment industry.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Even though I'm long term bullish I just want to go on record saying I respectfully disagree that the bear market is over and this is a V shaped recovery. The next 2 earnings seasons,bankruptcies and what's happening in the housing market right now will slap people back to reality in the next couple months.

The FED is what's propping up the market right now, we were trading too expensive near all time highs and the market is still trading too high giving the circumstances we're in. All time high unemployment, and when this is all over people aren't just all going to go back to work at once, most won't have a job to go back to. Consumer spending is 2/3 of the American economy and that all stopped almost completely for what looks to be 2 months or more. Business will be changed forever, we haven't even begun to see the impact. I'm hoping for the best while preparing for the worst.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Even though I'm long term bullish I just want to go on record saying I respectfully disagree that the bear market is over and this is a V shaped recovery. The next 2 earnings seasons,bankruptcies and what's happening in the housing market right now will slap people back to reality in the next couple months.

The FED is what's propping up the market right now, we were trading too expensive near all time highs and the market is still trading too high giving the circumstances we're in. All time high unemployment, and when this is all over people aren't just all going to go back to work at once, most won't have a job to go back to. Consumer spending is 2/3 of the American economy and that all stopped almost completely for what looks to be 2 months or more. Business will be changed forever, we haven't even begun to see the impact. I'm hoping for the best while preparing for the worst.
:unimpressed: a voice of reason.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I think the coming months will be tough on some industries for sure but it looks like the Fed is also going to keep throwing money at the problem.

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
I think the coming months will be tough on some industries for sure but it looks like the Fed is also going to keep throwing money at the problem.
I definitely agree with you. Back in 2008 it was "Too big to fail" now in 2020 this FED is saying "Nobody will fail" so it's tricky to me because even though I think businesses will get hit hard, ultimately the FED and Trump won't let the economy or the stock market implode on their watch.

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Inflation is gonna be the real killer for people
They say the best place to be is in equities in an inflationary period because the price also rises and businesses charge more for their goods. Having cash just sitting around and not in any type of investment vehicle right now will make it lose a good amount of value.