Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
if he opens it up, he's going to have to close it again. this virus shyt ain't nowhere else solved. He should wait until June imo.
But does he even have the power to open it up or is it up to the states?

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They announced a cheap labor deal in China. The biggest miss in all this was late March Tesla at something like $380 and I didn't have my account loaded up for it.

I think it's overvalued but for now it's the golden child of the market

who you telling. This is when I started out. Didn’t even have an account. Was just creating one trying to figure out how to make moves watching. Never payed attention to the stock before but knew Tesla was on the low. I kept talking about it and dropped the ball on that and Boeing. Everything happens for a reason though. Only moves I have made started today. Put something on Disney to stop b.s.ing and decided to take a risk with amc. Will continue to watch for the week on delta, wynn and Starbucks and Uber.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
lol @ some of these headlines I'm reading. They acting like today was a big hit for the market, this shyt might close at even.

I want the market to fall some more as much as anyone but when will these people get it through the fukking heads that the bottom has been reached and we are far beyond it?

I notice all the cats in here talking about "wait.." haven't posted in over a week. Just saying. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
who you telling. This is when I started out. Didn’t even have an account. Was just creating one trying to figure out how to make moves watching. Never payed attention to the stock before but knew Tesla was on the low. I kept talking about it and dropped the ball on that and Boeing. Everything happens for a reason though. Only moves I have made started today. Put something on Disney to stop b.s.ing and decided to take a risk with amc. Will continue to watch for the week on delta, wynn and Starbucks and Uber.

There's money to be made out here a lot of the major companies are still nearly 50% off their yearly highs, many of them will recover maybe sooner than later and then there are riskier plays like many hotels/airlines etc.

I don't know if there will be as many quick flips as there were you may have to think about the longterm now which is better than nothing.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's money to be made out here a lot of the major companies are still nearly 50% off their yearly highs, many of them will recover maybe sooner than later and then there are riskier plays like many hotels/airlines etc.

I don't know if there will be as many quick flips as there were you may have to think about the longterm now which is better than nothing.

I was thinking long term from the start honestly. I was amazed how in one week things started going up like crazy and I didn’t take advantage of that but it’s cool. Most of my decisions is just putting the money away and hoping for the best in the future. I’m still waiting on some like I said hoping to see how this week pans out but I started writing down when the companies I want was at a real low today and if I see shyt jumping, gonna buy before I miss again and just let it sit. And save some in the stash in case the market crashes again. That’s my plan now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was thinking long term from the start honestly. I was amazed how in one week things started going up like crazy and I didn’t take advantage of that but it’s cool. Most of my decisions is just putting the money away and hoping for the best in the future. I’m still waiting on some like I said hoping to see how this week pans out but I started writing down when the companies I want was at a real low today and if I see shyt jumping, gonna buy before I miss again and just let it sit. And save some in the stash in case the market crashes again. That’s my plan now.

Dip your toes in. Listen to @winb83 . If you have something you like and the price is solid go for it. If it goes down you can buy more at a later date to average your cost

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
lol @ some of these headlines I'm reading. They acting like today was a big hit for the market, this shyt might close at even.

I want the market to fall some more as much as anyone but when will these people get it through the fukking heads that the bottom has been reached and we are far beyond it?

I notice all the cats in here talking about "wait.." haven't posted in over a week. Just saying. :manny:
I maybe new to stocks (short term), but I've looking at the charts for certain companies for years. I come analytical background, and the shyt that happened over the past 2-3 months is unprecedented. Those type of dips will be in the history books.

But I feel you on the news stories and articles not reflecting the market. shyt definitely throws someone who's not regularly following stocks off.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dip your toes in. Listen to @winb83 . If you have something you like and the price is solid go for it. If it goes down you can buy more at a later date to average your cost

I know. I should have bought delta today. I missed Wynn early this morning. Almost had Starbucks under 70. I’m gonna make moves though. Little by little this week. Appreciate the feedback ya give.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I maybe new to stocks (short term), but I've looking at the charts for certain companies for years. I come analytical background, and the shyt that happened over the past 2-3 months is unprecedented. Those type of dips will be in the history books.

But I feel you on the news stories and articles not reflecting the market. shyt definitely throws someone who's not regularly following stocks off.

I'm saying. You look at a company like Apple. They aren't even really affected by this outbreak much. The stock dropped pretty heavy because of the panic but all that shyt has been priced in already. Apple stock is just going to follow by it's own beat now and not necessarily that of the rest of the market. same with Tesla and a lot of other companies.

You are starting to see now which companies only fell because of panic and which ones are still struggling. Most of the struggling ones will make it back it will just take longer.

Some unfortunately won't make it back but that's why the balance sheet etc are important.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You've been the most accurate person on here throughout this whole epidemic.:wow:

Brehs didn't want to listen to you. :snoop:

stave

Superstar
Daps

Means nothing. Trump didn't shut down the country in the first place and left it up to the states, which is why states that didn't have it ended up getting it.

The only way he could call himself opening the country would be to stop supporting the economy via the Fed, telling people they have to go back to work if they want to make money, and that all suspensions on bills are over. That would force the states and people to make the choice themselves to go back to work.

If they have no testing, cures, or ways to aid the sick, the same problem comes back rapidly and probably worse with an already loaded up healthcare system. And then everything closes down again and people realize how serious this is that still don't believe it.

Either way I see no upside and all the market moves since this began are speculative at best. Your best bet is to buy companies that have a large amount of cash and do not have to rely on customers physical presence to generate a profit, or have a big enough bag to run on til the summer at the earliest.

Plus you're gonna have another mortgage crisis coming down the pipeline once this is all over and another credit crunch when everyone is late on bills. This lil 1200 isn't gonna last most people a week or two. So they have to cut more free money checks or everyone has to work.

I have pegged this will end up costing at least $10 trillion dollars when all is said and done. If this extends into May, I'm moving my estimate to $15T. Putting that amount of money into the economy out of nowhere leads to inflation- which is yet another shytshow coming down the pipeline.

Trump is desperate to get things back to normal because the economy is his biggest strength according to people who support him. So he may have to consider which is worse by a lot of people going back outside and raising the death toll or continuing to prop up an already fukked up economic system who's flaws got exposed by the pandemic.

TLDR: This isn't the bottom either way imo but you can still find good long-term value with smart choices and opportunity will continue to present itself