Boeing still out here not giving a fukk……. FAA temporarily grounds the 737 max

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Yup…and it’s a really bad look for the US, Boeing is as American as any corporation gets, and they put out garbage and literally killed people due to their greed.

Stock buybacks, absurdly low corporate tax rate, bailed out recently and taxpayers got nothing except fear that their next flight on a Boeing will be their last flight. Boeing could’ve put money into R&D or shored themselves up financially instead of buying back $73 billion worth of stock in 2020 to increase their price per share. They paid $2.5 billion for the MCAS fiasco, which is pathetic.

Boeing takes all the handouts they want but if the US government tries take heavy handed action, Boeing is going to cry to conservatives about regulation, grease the right palms, and hold their employees jobs hostage….real shame.
And the gov trying to go to war with nikkas the last thing they need is shutting down one of the biggest military contractors

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Checking my itinerary now to see if I’m flying on a 737. :lupe:

EDIT: Pray for me brehs I’m flying on a 737 Max 8. If I don’t make it back #Catset & FGC breh I bequeath my coli cash and all future daps & reps to y’all. :mjcry:

yall can have my negs :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Last edited:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I'm a frequent flier.

I was on the Max8 recently on an international flight and was lowkey nervous. I know they fitted the aircrafts with multiple redundancy systems and it's probably one of safest planes in the sky now, but just knowing the initial incident was something beyond the pilots control had me a little shaky.

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
And the gov trying to go to war with nikkas the last thing they need is shutting down one of the biggest military contractors
That’s true, shutting them down would be a bad idea..I was being a little hyperbolic, they however do need to face major consequences.

If they need to assess the manufacturing process, or whatever remedies an investigation warrants, it’s better now than during a potential war where the situation is even more critical, depending on how widespread their issues may be.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
That’s true, shutting them down would be a bad idea..I was being a little hyperbolic, they however do need to face major consequences.

If they need to assess the manufacturing process, or whatever remedies an investigation warrants, it’s better now than during a potential war where the situation is even more critical, depending on how widespread their issues may be.
Get them goofy ass executives out cause I blame them mostly, I remember the engineers tried telling them about the bullshyt and they let the engineers take the fall for the mess they started

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
Get them goofy ass executives out cause I blame them mostly, I remember the engineers tried telling them about the bullshyt and they let the engineers take the fall for the mess they started
Agreed. Unfortunately, the greed and the obsession with pleasing stockholders is endemic to the corporate world. Boeing replaced some execs over MCAS, but Boeing is still plagued by problems.

What shareholder, or person on Boeings board of execs would want a CEO or a culture that won’t allow them to maximize profit? They have to be forced to do otherwise through regulation or whatever means are legally allowed. And the government has to be willing to do all that in good faith, a pipe dream, basically.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Agreed. Unfortunately, the greed and the obsession with pleasing stockholders is endemic to the corporate world. Boeing replaced some execs over MCAS, but Boeing is still plagued by problems.

What shareholder, or person on Boeings board of execs would want a CEO or a culture that won’t allow them to maximize profit? They have to be forced to do otherwise through regulation or whatever means are legally allowed. And the government has to be willing to do all that in good faith, a pipe dream, basically.
Well that’s why things fukked up cause the gov be letting shyt slide with these corporations

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Imagine coming out of the lavatory to everyone clinging on for dear life , yet , that nikka @Sad Bunny got his ass tooted up to that missing door getting his butt sucked .

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I never check the type of plane I’m flying in but I might have to do it. I always sit by the door cuz I’m fukking tall. 1st class or bust now.
I always do. I will pay extra money if it means I’m not getting on a 737 max. Which is exactly what I did back in November.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
Earnings call on the last day of January...very interested to hear how Calhoun and the crew sell this fukkery, especially after their guidance in their October call and them having to clean up Boeing's fukkery from this past summer with all of the engine problems it was having on its 737s.

Looked at the stocks for Boeing, Spirit Aerospace and Alaska Airlines today, and although all of them opened way lower than their Friday's close, they reversed and started ticking up again...complete surprised to me. Wall Street is shrugging it off as a one-time thing. Maybe it's the algos buying because I cannot understand what the hell is happening. The United Airlines news came out after closing, so perhaps they'll drop a bit more tomorrow.

I suspect it is going to take someone else losing their lives again before they take this seriously enough to slow down. I feel like the FAA is complicit in this as well. While the Calhoun tried to imply the two 737 crashes were because these non-American (non-white) pilots were not savvy enough to overcome the MCAS issue which ultimately made them crash, I wonder if it would be different if this stuff happened on American soil under the pilotage of an "American" crew.

The news said the only three things that kept them from being worse were that it happened during the climb before they hit cruising altitude, everyone was still strapped in and no one happened to be sitting in the seats where the plug came out. Had any of these variables been different, the outcome could have been different...I wonder if they would even give a fukk.