Bodies Bodies Bodies | Official Trailer HD | A24 (8/5) (Skete, Amandla Stenberg)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Read an article about this and saw it last night, before I read a review, and it was fun.

I agree with the NY Times review, in that it's not as smart or acerbic as it could have been, and takes a lot of easy shots at Gen Z and Millennial culture/tech/social media criticism, but doesn't really have much to say. That's fair, but it is an entertaining watch, that could have used a tighter edit, and better story, I felt like the ending pulled a punch, though I did laugh. There were moments when the script was sharp and funny, and others where it lapsed into kind of chaotic, weightless running around in the dark.

Similar to how I felt about "Get Out", if they ratcheted up the tension, and supplied a better story line, I would maybe loved the movie. It was similar to that one 2013 horror with the masks and the bow and arrows? Run? I can't remember the name, but a good horror movie. This one lacked a real tight story, and kind of coasts on the premise, with too much slack.

Though, we have seen the millennial hysterical psychotic killer in Scream, a dozen or so times, so maybe it wasn't needed here. And there is more than enough hysterical millennial absurdity in Bodies Bodies Bodies.

Funny to note, a lot can be written about the Kardashain adjacent branded theater I saw this in in downtown SD, and how awful it is, but there were only 3 other people in theater, and no laughs at all from them. it's not an hysterical movie, but there's plenty of laughs, it is a satire, and I cannot imagine how dull this movie would be to someone who didn't laugh once.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I felt they was going at lesbians but I can't tell how. What was the subliminal message about them?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I thought this was aight. They definitely did a good job of making the audience hate almost everybody. There was definitely a moment where i was like none of these people like each other, and then like 20 minutes later they had a sort of moment where the last remaining characters had their big "we don't even like each other" moment. :mjlol:

-these idiots only had one vehicle but they rich.
-they were staying at a rich kid's mansion, but there were no other working cars in the garage or anything?
-instead of everybody just chilling out in that raquet ball court area (or whatever that was) until the storm passed and they could call 9/11, these idiots started accusing each other and killed that veterinarian dude. :dead:
-they all junkies. Even the main girl was like "i'm sober" then a couple hours later she was doing coke. :dead:
-this idiot killing himself set off all this bullshyt. :dead:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Takeaways from this:
-never do weekend getaways beith alabaster folks
-Gen Z is hopeless
-

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I thought this was aight. They definitely did a good job of making the audience hate almost everybody. There was definitely a moment where i was like none of these people like each other, and then like 20 minutes later they had a sort of moment where the last remaining characters had their big "we don't even like each other" moment. :mjlol:

-these idiots only had one vehicle but they rich.
-they were staying at a rich kid's mansion, but there were no other working cars in the garage or anything?
-instead of everybody just chilling out in that raquet ball court area (or whatever that was) until the storm passed and they could call 9/11, these idiots started accusing each other and killed that veterinarian dude. :dead:
-they all junkies. Even the main girl was like "i'm sober" then a couple hours later she was doing coke. :dead:
-this idiot killing himself set off all this bullshyt. :dead:
Max had took the other car, went somewhere, got held up. And came back at the end of the movie. They said this in the movie.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Max had took the other car, went somewhere, got held up. And came back at the end of the movie. They said this in the movie.
i'm saying the main girl arrived in 1 car, all the other people had one car. but these are rich people, and they didn't have another car anywhere?