Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (Premieres Sunday 9/16) Trailer

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
This season overall has gotten off to a decent start.. I know cats don't like the fact that every episode isnt filled with action. But I've come to expect that of this show.. it always starts off slow.. and to me it's been pretty good overall.

My only problem is Gyp.. He's a horribly written character, like the actor is doing the best job he can with the material provided to him but he's just written badly and it adds nothing to the show... it kind of drags it down..

My main problem with him is they want to portray him as this menacing, intense, unpredictable type... but he just comes off as sloppy and unbelievable.. The other problem is that there were "lesser" characters (or at least they were presented that way) in season 1 and 2 that were just as violent and brutal. He's not really anything new.. just a new face on the show... with a shorter temper than the other uglier characters we've seen.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
You cant even say hi to that n1gga w/o offending him. They ODing it

Richard is rhe only likeable character in AC. All the realn1iggaz is in Chi and NYC.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i liked how they focused a little bit on what jimmy told nucky before he shot him, about being lonely when the liquor is gone. hes craving for affection, or simping, because he cant bear to live alone, or else he thinks about what hes done to jimmy.

the constant calling to that chick in nyc, telling margaret he cant sleep (blowing him off too, he was lookin for comfort but she dont care anymore), and then when he gets to that girls apartment hugging up on her and shyt. then add the dreams as well. you can see nucky would have no relationship with anyone if he couldnt sell alcohol, he would be of no use. now hes left with a brother who wanted him dead and a wife that doesnt care about him anymore. and the only person he ever really loved/cared about, besides his deceased wife and baby, he murdered. hes all by himself out there and i think hes starting to realize that.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This season overall has gotten off to a decent start.. I know cats don't like the fact that every episode isnt filled with action. But I've come to expect that of this show.. it always starts off slow.. and to me it's been pretty good overall.

My only problem is Gyp.. He's a horribly written character, like the actor is doing the best job he can with the material provided to him but he's just written badly and it adds nothing to the show... it kind of drags it down..

My main problem with him is they want to portray him as this menacing, intense, unpredictable type... but he just comes off as sloppy and unbelievable.. The other problem is that there were "lesser" characters (or at least they were presented that way) in season 1 and 2 that were just as violent and brutal. He's not really anything new.. just a new face on the show... with a shorter temper than the other uglier characters we've seen.

i think a lot of people are getting Gyp all wrong. He's from italy.. he referred to it in his first scene and keeps saying it time to time. to italy, the american italian mob is cupcakes. they send their little homies over here to take care of their business. in italy the mob REALLY runs things... there are mob figures in the government. so really Gyp sees all these dudes as clowns.

which goes to his respect level. you better respect him and show that respect. he asked nucky to his face if he'd be there to hand over the liquor.. he wasn't... and then he says good luck. to Gyp that was "fukk me over, send me on my way (off a cliff), and say good luck (flap your wings on the way down). but each and every time, he gives the person more chances. he gave the innocent bystander another chance and he said some more smart shyt. he gave the waiter, the map guy, the cops all second chances... he gave nucky about 3-4 chances where he felt disrespect but didn't kill nobody.. actually he's only killed 2 people this whole time and both were people who weren't important

so he's not a dummy. he knows what wars to start and which not to. even after he met gillian, after he got the note, he still drove home. he stopped and was ready to bounce.. he was gonna let the cop walk off, till he said good luck. only then did he say we're staying and light him on fire. he's a hot head, he's crazy. but he ain't just flying off the handle for nothing. in his mind people are fukking him over and not respecting who he is and then he makes smart moves to take over.. nobody expects his smart moves (taking over the gas, teaming with gillian), they just expect the hot head.. that's how he keeps winning so far

and to say nucky wouldn't work with him.... he works with rothstein who set him up to be murdered.. lucky and them was in on it.. works with eli.. he double crossed him.. works with doyle.. he was in on it.. i'm sure he'll be back with all the politicians who screwed him over. he don't care. he craves the importance. see his face when he gave away all that stuff.. then margaret saying you love being the benefactor.. he loves to take in damaged things and make them better.. "i just want everything to run by itself" he don't want to be in charge.. he wants to be the reason everything is perfect for everyone else.. while he lives happy with a family.. which is what he had before his wife died

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Margaret flexing her political muscle isn't exactly entertaining.

Nucky being a complete simp for a whore is just embarrassing too. Was Lucy even still hoeing when he was smashing her? I don't remember her still being out there when he was with her.

The Gyp is just a whatever type character to me. I guess since Jimmy's gone they needed another "main" character that goes off the handle at times for entertainment purposes. But the opening scene of this season and the burning scene last night just weren't anything jaw dropping to me. It was just like what's the point?

But at least Homeland's back on
:yeshrug:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:salute: Harrow the Gawd. He's a standup dude. Blasting Manny's face off in the name of Dominique's mother, and understanding that's how the game goes with Jimmy's end.

:to: at Jimmy flashback.

:ohhh: 63 bodies

Rosetti is so reckless that when he ineveitably gets riddle with shots, I'll bet he still pacspit: at his killer/killers like Scarface

Habit

Banned
Daps
Nucky asks Harrow if he thinks about any of those 63 victims...he told Nucky you already know the answer to that yourself. :gotdamnyamanharrow:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
I just don't know brehs..... there's something "missing". Damn...I think i miss jimmy yall

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:laugh: man fuk yall gyp haters thanks god for him, he the only one acting like a boss, nucky off acting like a dam simp with that hoe

And OG harrow holding it down too

Lmaoo quote of the episode though

"you mean like a monkey???"

Hhahaha i had a good fellas flashback

What you mean am funny? Funny how?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I miss Jimmy too. That flashback of Nucky introducing him as a kid straight out the war had me :sadbron:. Jimmy dynamic and Angela gave this show heart. I guess that's Harrow place now.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
A storm is brewing brehs, looks like Nucky is starting to fold though, he's not built for that gangster life
:why: Are you serious, he is more than about that life, you see the conversation he had with Richard, when he asked how he deals with all the killing and Richard said you already know the answer to that, Nucky has had plenty of people killed or beaten to be soft at this point, he is just a sucker for love.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Man Nucky/Margaret scenes used to be the shyt in Season 1, and they weren't that bad in Season 2 either. But now, they're all :snooze: status.

Again, I got no reason to care about Rossetti because I know he's a goner, and he ain't making real waves on the show yet.

My fears of the show missing Jimmy were kinda gone after the season premiere, but now they're back in full force. Now that Jimmy (and the Commodore) is gone, Harrow's the only interesting character left in AC.

Nucky's not a sucker for love; he just has a fear of being alone. Episode was mediocre; they need to put a new character in AC.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't understamd all the hate ofr Gyp Rosetti. I think the writers are working on the character episode by episode. But after this week, it's clear Gyp is not some 2 bit thug. He in the polar opposite of Nucky. Nucky is a businessman who makes moves with his head, but he's gangsta when he ultimately needs to be. Gyp is a gangsta who only dabbles in business when necessary, dude thinks with his heart and takes everything personal. That's why he was so pissed off at Nucky for sending him that note. He knows Nucky doesn't really take him seriously, as he felt Nucky should've had the decency to send him off properly at the very least.