[Bloomberg] Disney board feeling pressured to expand into gaming, considering EA purchase

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Iger's deputies are pushing him to consider a bolder transformation of Disney from gaming licensee to gaming giant through, say, an acquisition of Electronic Arts.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
you can't buy your way into gaming. you need some measure of creative vision. Seen many companies get bought out and lose all their magic.
The good news is that EA has no magic or creative vision so it's a good starting ground. They already have some rapport with the star wars IP so it's a decent fit

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I mean on one hand given how they’ve expanded across the entire entertainment industry, it would make sense that they break into video games at some point and they already have a working relationship with EA :manny:

Not the biggest fan of either company but I can’t say it wouldnt make sense. They need to get the right people to run that shyt tho or else it’ll just be a waste

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
lol there's talk about Disney being sold
Anyway no console to wall garden behind, me no care :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I just mean money doesn't mean you know what types of games people want, and hiring a studio thats good at certain types of games isn't going to enable you to be good at every type of game. Your best bet is just to keep them making the same stuff they already make and giving them a bigger budget.
Buying someone like bethesda, and thinking you can have them make a quality NBA game for example would not work. but that is what these businesses often think they can do when they buy their way into gaming by purchasing an established studio.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

you-got-a-point-usher.gif