Blizzard Announce New Game, Overwatch.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
A few thoughts on this: First thing I thought when I saw it was that it drew a lot of its art inspiration from Firefall which is another shooter that I played for a while. I do think they are going for the E-sports market since most of their other games seem to have a limited appeal there. Starcraft had a lot of potential and IMO the best RTS to come out in a while. The problem with Starcraft if the steep learning curve which keeps a lot of average joe players from picking it up. This game like all of Blizzard games has HUGE potential. FPS's are bigger than ever, and Blizzard usually polishes their games very well (with the exception of the initial release of Diablo 3). To those who say balancing will be an issue I don't agree completely. Balance was an issue for Blizzard in WoW because it was a PVE and PVP game with PVE being the emphasis so many changes made to classes had a lot to do with raiding (ie a class under-performing or not being useful in certain fights). This game being solely PVP gives them less to consider when they balance the classes and remove exploits. Sorry if this was long winded, I'm a Blizzard fanboy though.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats true about Asia!!! But here in the states? This game is gonna be huge. FPS aren't esports friendly cause it's mostly solo achievements to be had in those. This is team based.

Yeah I agree its going to be huge. E-sports? I'm really not sure man. I'll have to play the game. For me it looks pretty casual (which is fine) and very user-friendly
but typically games that are intentionally lacking in depth and difficulty don't do much in e-sports. I mean, LoL is considered 'casual' by a lot of e-sports people, despite it having a hundred plus champions, many different items, abilities, strategies etc.

In saying that, Blizzard will have an e-sports angle, they always do. :manny:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
This is MY NUMBER 1 most anticipated game this gen......... The Skype sessions are gonna be so real with this game!!

Beta is rumored to be around october. Should have a announcement at E3.

MY bytch MERCY!!!!!!!!!

I also can't remember where but i read Blizzard has a 10 year plan for this game.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
How do I know if I've got into the beta brehs?

When u log in to your battle.net app if you were accepted there will be a new "overwatch beta" tag under "Account management"

I know 15 dudes personally who signed up and NONE of us got in. :mjcry:

It made number 3 on twitch last night for a couple hours. Thats insane. Only 2 games above it was LoL and hearthstone. :mjcry: Overtook Halo 5 in 4 hours :mjcry:

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah did all of that. Not in yet I guess.

No surprise its above Halo, no one gives a fukk about Halo. :yeshrug:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Blizzard releases date for Overwatch 2

October 4

I still suck but maybe I can get it together by then.

Been playing a few months after 15 year break from gaming