"Blasphemous" (Metroidvania on PC/XBOX1/Switch/PS4) Out September 10th

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I downloaded this on ps plus extra recently played through like 90% of the game but it got so tedious with backtracking across all the spike pits and instant death falls. This game needed a big traversal upgrade somewhere along the line, especially since movement is so rigid.

The parry system is dope though and the overall game is not too hard. I enjoy it for most of the time i played it and I’d play a part 2 if they do something more fun with the movement like most Metroidvania

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I couldn't play this for awhile and now I'm completely lost lol, don't know wtf im supposed to go. Last big thing I remember doing is killing 3 witch sister boss? Good game just life got hectic and I had to put it down for months.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't play this for awhile and now I'm completely lost lol, don't know wtf im supposed to go. Last big thing I remember doing is killing 3 witch sister boss? Good game just life got hectic and I had to put it down for months.
I downloaded this on ps plus extra recently played through like 90% of the game but it got so tedious with backtracking across all the spike pits and instant death falls. This game needed a big traversal upgrade somewhere along the line, especially since movement is so rigid.

The parry system is dope though and the overall game is not too hard. I enjoy it for most of the time i played it and I’d play a part 2 if they do something more fun with the movement like most Metroidvania
I have the same issues. At times i had no idea where to go, they give you next to no data to work with so you have to methodically travel for too long to search your hunches. Or am i supposed to read all the collectible lore for fifty bytch ass saints who did some shyt they are repenting for. When you do progress it's satisfying. One thing i want to see play out is i put this lady out of her misery when they give you the choice to give tribute or end her pain. Hate i had to do it to her. Wonder how this will come back.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Figured out where I left off again so I'm back in

:wow:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I finally started this and the ghastly baroness enemies are fukking AIDS.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm at Crisanta and I might bail, even though I'm almost at the end. Think there's a few beads/relics/whatever I'm missing that I need for this fight. I'm just tired of backtracking across the fukking map and I just found out you can fast travel at the fires if you donate 20K tears to the church in Albero. :francis:

I really like the game overall but there's a few really frustrating things that prevent it from being a 9/10 or so. The constant backtracking and lack of proper fast travel. The overwhelming vagueness of all the items you're constantly picking up. It's impossible to keep track of everything, who needs what, where you're supposed to take this and that item, etc. I've just been looking stuff up at this point because it'd take way too long to figure everything out on my own.

The music, art design and atmosphere is top notch. In general, I haven't minded the controls either. The combat is satisfying though a bit repetitive and there's certain layouts that are just plain cheap.

I heard they cleaned it up for the sequel and I plan on checking that out eventually.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm at Crisanta and I might bail, even though I'm almost at the end. Think there's a few beads/relics/whatever I'm missing that I need for this fight. I'm just tired of backtracking across the fukking map and I just found out you can fast travel at the fires if you donate 20K tears to the church in Albero. :francis:

I really like the game overall but there's a few really frustrating things that prevent it from being a 9/10 or so. The constant backtracking and lack of proper fast travel. The overwhelming vagueness of all the items you're constantly picking up. It's impossible to keep track of everything, who needs what, where you're supposed to take this and that item, etc. I've just been looking stuff up at this point because it'd take way too long to figure everything out on my own.

The music, art design and atmosphere is top notch. In general, I haven't minded the controls either. The combat is satisfying though a bit repetitive and there's certain layouts that are just plain cheap.

I heard they cleaned it up for the sequel and I plan on checking that out eventually.

You gave up at about the same point i did for the same reason lol

Was having a lot of fun with the game but that last 10-15% just couldn’t bother with it. I hope the sequel has better traversal upgrades