"Blasphemous" (Metroidvania on PC/XBOX1/Switch/PS4) Out September 10th

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Game is dope.

The story/writing/imagery is interesting and unique.

Combat gets kinda repetitive as the enemies don’t have any randomness in their movements. So every encounter with each enemy type becomes the same exact pattern

Best metroidvania I played recently was guacamelee on Vita :ohlawd: the combat mechanics are amazing

If GM2 is half as good I’m bout to cop it on steam, I only wish it had been ported to Vita. It’s the perfect platform for sidescrollers and retro games hands down

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Trailer looks fire

:patrice:
It’s definitely worth the play if you like metroidvania games.

Really just a minor complaint.

In comparison I just recently played bloodstained. And it had the opposite problem. The enemies were more unpredictable, but your own move list/combos were limited.

Both games call for lots of backtracking so sometimes the regular enemy encounters become more a chore than fun.

But both still very worth your time.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Best metroidvania I played recently was guacamelee on Vita :ohlawd: the combat mechanics are amazing

If GM2 is half as good I’m bout to cop it on steam, I only wish it had been ported to Vita. It’s the perfect platform for sidescrollers and retro games hands down
GM2 was good. Mad jokes to keep things light. Some difficult platforming, but if you did 100% on the last one, then you can do this one. Saw it on Game Pass, tried it, beat it a day and a half later. Hard to put down. I wish I knew beforehand you could use the code and unloock Hard Mode up front. Only missing the Hard Mode achievement, and don't feel like doing the whole game again.

Blasphemous looks cool, but the combat seems ehh...I'll cop on sale, or play if it hits GP. Backlog crazy, and starting Oct 1, I'll be back on Destiny 2 heavy.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Game is cool but the combat is basic as fukk. And the controls are kinda janky. Not bad, just not as fluid as a 2D game should be in 2019.

Fred.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is straight crack I’m just now playing and I love this game. Straight up Bloodborne and castlevainia mixed together. Maybe it’s just me but this is a must cop for anyone who loves these types of games.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Not really a fan of the imagery and visual motifs

How demonic does this get? What's the worst thing yall ever seen in the game

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is straight crack I’m just now playing and I love this game. Straight up Bloodborne and castlevainia mixed together. Maybe it’s just me but this is a must cop for anyone who loves these types of games.

its on sale on psn ill cop when i get home

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Game got another update and the controls are a lot more smoother like Metro Exodus. I’m kinda surprised nobody on here fukk with this. The game is very underrated, imo this is a must play if you like games like Hollow Knight and they throw in a bit of Bloodborne. Game got crazy lore and atmosphere
I need to check how much it is on Switch

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I
24$ which I feel is a lil overpriced but getting the game now is pretty much justifies it considering the new content comes in as free updates. I don’t know exactly how much is different between the Nintendo version and Sony but it can’t be drastic. It’s really a good game IMO

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Picked it up. Game whoopin me like i owe it money. I need to play more patiently.