Blake Griffin might be the perfect example of not belonging in a certain sport

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Spurs play fast, so we can throw that sub-analogy out the door. The point is, the pace is in Paul's hands when he has the ball, a defense can only slow down a team so much. Paul needs to push the pace regularly; he needs to bring it upcourt fast and if there's nothing on, he needs to pass it on and the ball needs to continue to move. What's happening now is he dribbles it for a certain time and throws it down to Blake on the block,..... ah noo that's not gonna work..... more PNRS/PNPs.... more ball movement, more using the momentum on possessions, more driving to the hole and drawing defenders.... etc etc.

That's why Paul needs to utilize his players strengths more effectively, rather than cater to just his own

I say the Spurs can play fast AND slow... everyone knows the games slow down in the PLAYOFFS and since th Clippers ONLY seem to know how to play fast, then thats the strategy that would most LIKELY be used . And the Clippers used PNR's/PNP's/Screens all night in the halfcourt, thats how Blake got most his points. You can't do that all game long without a team catching on if you're looking to be a DOMINANT big man trying to score, you got to get in the lowpost or develop a shot out the high post.

I agree, Paul wasn't as aggressive but he's not holding Blake back from anything. It's not gonna be lob city every time down the floor.

Ive said it before, CP3 has to do TOO much in order for his team to win. Not only does he have to score 30, he also has to drop 10+ assists. He has the tools to do that but he's trying to be a traditional PG, and in order for that to happen he has to have someone else who can get their own shots consistently. Only person I can think of that can do that is Crawford.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta

This shyt is about to turn into a Baron Davis Appreciation Thread. :wow:

it really could happen :banderas:

149867-new-orleans-hornets-nba-new-orleans-hornets-baron-davis-dunk.jpg

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
sources are telling me a Al horford for B-G trade could be happening sooner than yall think .

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They trying to be a legit team, not just a highlight factory. Blake needs to develop his game to be a dominant PF. Dude had like 6 dunks off ally-oops tonight, how many more do he needs?

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
CP3 was the worst thing that ever happened to his game, he was better with Mo Williams and Baron Davis, right now dude is regressing like a muthafukka because Paul controls the ball entirely too much.

Yea not being able to hit mid range jumpers,ft's, and having no consistent post moves has more to to that than paul,blake griffin is the most overrated player in the nba.When blake was dominating the ball clippers lost 50 games

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
[quote="Malta, post: 5977995, memThe3 was the worst thing that ever happened to his game, he was better with Mo Williams and Baron Davis, right now dude is regressing like a muthafukka because Paul controls the ball entirely too much.[/quote]

Paul is the better player tho.

The Clippers can replace Griffen more so than Chris Paul

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I'm suggesting if Blake can only thrive during 48 min fast breaks, he's in trouble

He has to develop an offensive post presense

He's a 6'10" forward and can jump out the gym...hes gotta work it out

But, I do recognize his only on his 4th year

I agree with you, breh.

He's exciting and puts up good stats, but oddly enough, he's not very effective out there.I wouldn't call him a go to player.

He reminds me of Shawn Marion on those Steve Nash era Suns.

Marion was putting up 22 and 12 off athleticism and fast breaks.People see the stats and go:krs:, but when you watch the game, dude just looked like one helluva garbage man out there, with moments of extraordinary feats of athleticism

Blake is the Shawn Marion of this Clippers squad.If they traded him to the Hawks for a guy like Horford, they'd be a much better/more complete team.Blake would be allowed to put up empty stats galore in the ATL....26 & 12 with a few sportscenter highlights every night.He'd be the new Josh Smith and they'd love him out there

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They trying to be a legit team, not just a highlight factory. Blake needs to develop his game to be a dominant PF. Dude had like 6 dunks off ally-oops tonight, how many more do he needs?

I think he's too small to ever develop into a dominant PF.It's not in his essence, neither.

He's just a big SF who can't shoot.

On top of that, his game is incompatible with playoff basketball.He'll never be a marquee player ON THE COURT, only through marketing and commercials.

Just a glorified 3rd option.Watching him dunk on people is:blessed:though

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
I say the Spurs can play fast AND slow... everyone knows the games slow down in the PLAYOFFS and since th Clippers ONLY seem to know how to play fast, then thats the strategy that would most LIKELY be used.

Clippers only seem to know how to play fast? You sure about that? Cause the last two seaosn they've been one of the slowest paced teams in the league.
And the Clippers used PNR's/PNP's/Screens all night in the halfcourt, thats how Blake got most his points. You can't do that all game long without a team catching on if you're looking to be a DOMINANT big man trying to score, you got to get in the lowpost or develop a shot out the high pos.

You don't need to be doing PNRs all game long to make Blake effective, there's still other avenues you can take to up the pace. #1 being making sure the ball doesn't remain in one's hands for a long period of time, constant ball movement, off-ball screens, man in motion, back door cuts, PG dribble drive and dishing. Blake nor DJ get enough touches down below to ever develop a rhythm, that's another problem. If they wanna space the floor more, these are the games where they gotta get Blake some 16ft touches.

I agree, Paul wasn't as aggressive but he's not holding Blake back from anything. It's not gonna be lob city every time down the floor.
Nah it doesn't have to be lob city every time, Davis/Mo both knew how utilize Blake properly, Paul gotta take a leaf outta their playbook. Paul does shoulder SOME of the blame, because he's gotta know that his style of play isn't gonna have positive results with the personnel - he's the man in charge, he's the one that handles the ball.... he's the superstar player.

Ive said it before, CP3 has to do TOO much in order for his team to win. Not only does he have to score 30, he also has to drop 10+ assists. He has the tools to do that but he's trying to be a traditional PG, and in order for that to happen he has to have someone else who can get their own shots consistently. Only person I can think of that can do that is Crawford.
Naw he doesn't have to score 30 and 10. How many times does Paul actively go out there and aim to score over passing for the entire game? Never. That's the problem. I'm always skeptical with slow paced teams and PGs who have high assist averages, because more often than not it means they ain't passing the ball when they need to be.

Paul gotta be moving that ball, it's the only way this team has a shot at winning.