*Hides collection of stuff koalas*

images

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You paid over 200 hundred for that. I was in the LEGO store 2 weeks ago. My ex daughter was trying to get that type writer they still anymore.
Putting something together with your hands builds character. When I was a kid I took drafting, wood shop, mechanic shop and welding classes in the 7th and 8th grades. Too bad they don’t offer those anymore. I was blessed to also have a father who would wake me up early on weekends to do various construction and electrical work and a grandfather who showed me how to repair lawn mowers.

It taught me patience, problem solving and how to follow instructions. 3 things most kids lack today. I figured a complex Lego set was a good substitute for my daughters and would help them when they got stuck. I also had to build the Darth Vader castle by myself because I got tired of seeing it unboxed. Well worth the money though.

IMG-8245.jpg

IMG-8246.png

In the end though, my daughters turned out well. One has a full ride to one of the best STEM high schools in the country and the other got scholarships for college and starts in the fall.

Last edited:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Lego's dope.

It's always important to keep your mind going with stuff like this. It appeals to people who like puzzles, design and the overall creative process. Nothing wrong with having toys as an adult, that's how we originally learned how to navigate the creative pockets in our head. It's fun to put stuff together.

There's too much stress with the 'adult' stuff we have to worry about anyway. It's fine to take a break from all that and get those creative juices flowing. If you don't, you'll lose all the creativity you had as a child.

These things are therapeutic for us and help our overall well being. Lego is for people of all ages.

I imagine more adults play with them now, as kids have taken to video games. Minecraft, a popular video game with children, is at it's core about exploration and building, just like Lego. If you look deeper a lot of video games have these core aspects in mind: building and taking apart. See: Mario Maker, Minecraft, Roller Coaster Tyc00n, any game with a create a character.