Black Tampa: Central Ave. Black Florida series

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Yea something like that, thats the only thing left of the area. Downtown tampa is different now and all you see is luxury apts and condos. Next to central park their is some projects called tampa park but those are about to get knocked down and they're talking about building the rays(baseball team) new stadium there.

The city is even tearing down historical buildings in that area when you're not suppose to, the only one left is a rooming house where all the famous black folks like james brown use to stay, but that place looks like it could fall if you blew on it too hard.
They'd never tear down all the historic buildings in the white or Cuban areas of Tampa. But it seems like they're trying to rip every fabric of historic black tampa from the roots to make way for more condos, and then try to pacificy black ppl with building a few ella Fitzgerald themed public houses and some placards showcasing what once stood in that area instead of keeping the actual buildings. It's scary how easily black history can be erased.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Subs.

Let me know when you have time to do Madison County Florida Cuz

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Subs.

Let me know when you have time to do Madison County Florida Cuz
Most definitely. I'll try to cover almost every county and town. Others are welcome to come in and even tell their own family histories and local ties to their corners of black florida.

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
They'd never tear down all the historic buildings in the white or Cuban areas of Tampa. But it seems like they're trying to rip every fabric of historic black tampa from the roots to make way for more condos, and then try to pacificy black ppl with building a few ella Fitzgerald themed public houses and some placards showcasing what once stood in that area instead of keeping the actual buildings. It's scary how easily black history can be erased.
Exactly

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

@Meh @Dak_Brehscott @LeVraiPapi me and my crew is doing a docu series on black communities in Broward county called :The Black Broward film project" episode 1 is called "A tale of sibling communities Danie and Liberia" Episode 2 will be on Sistrunk, then we plan on doing other areas like NW Hallandale, Pompano, Carver Ranches and Deerfield. I'm also doing a side project called "A night at the palms: A Hallandale story" Which talks about the infamous palms nightclub where James Brown, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, David Ruffin and many more people performed at, the palms was east of MLK Blvd in Hallandale and now 6-7 homes sit on where the Palms once was, the field across from it was club 10. The Palms was closed after the owner Ernie Bunker was killed over a debt. I've been ten toes down in the communities of #BlackBroward mainly building in my backyard of Liberia and Danie (NW Dania) we have a pretty big network with grassroots people in the Ranches, Hallandale, East Miramar, Destination Sistrunk, Ms. Peaches who is running for district 3 in Lauderdale who is also working with the 52 million dollar lottery winner and I'm building with my lil sister on her endeavors in Pompano at Ely. My bad brehs for not being on here as much, been building with the brehs and brehettes in Broward

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

@Meh @Dak_Brehscott @LeVraiPapi me and my crew is doing a docu series on black communities in Broward county called :The Black Broward film project" episode 1 is called "A tale of sibling communities Danie and Liberia" Episode 2 will be on Sistrunk, then we plan on doing other areas like NW Hallandale, Pompano, Carver Ranches and Deerfield. I'm also doing a side project called "A night at the palms: A Hallandale story" Which talks about the infamous palms nightclub where James Brown, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, David Ruffin and many more people performed at, the palms was east of MLK Blvd in Hallandale and now 6-7 homes sit on where the Palms once was, the field across from it was club 10. The Palms was closed after the owner Ernie Bunker was killed over a debt. I've been ten toes down in the communities of #BlackBroward mainly building in my backyard of Liberia and Danie (NW Dania) we have a pretty big network with grassroots people in the Ranches, Hallandale, East Miramar, Destination Sistrunk, Ms. Peaches who is running for district 3 in Lauderdale who is also working with the 52 million dollar lottery winner and I'm building with my lil sister on her endeavors in Pompano at Ely. My bad brehs for not being on here as much, been building with the brehs and brehettes in Broward

Yes!! I should've tagged you first. I follow your black broward page on IG and I subscribed to your YouTube channel and I saw that trailer. I actually would love for you to post all your vids here if you want.

:blessed:

You have more insight than all of us.

:salute:

I learned alot about Danie that I didn't know before, from your IG page. I'm still waiting for that series to be released!!!!

:ufdup:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Subs....
Gotta throw St. Augestine in there too...Fort Mosé, Lincolnville, the first Underground Railroad....

Wouldn’t mind some Seminole stuff either OP...I’ll go back to lurking and dapping now
I was looking up black St.Augustine the other day especially the West Augustine area. I'm gonna have to do more research on Lincolnville and Fort Mose.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yes!! I should've tagged you first. I follow your black broward page on IG and I subscribed to your YouTube channel and I saw that trailer. I actually would love for you to post all your vids here if you want.

:blessed:

You have more insight than all of us.

:salute:

I learned alot about Danie that I didn't know before, from your IG page. I'm still waiting for that series to be released!!!!

:ufdup:

February 2018 breh, just beenough overwhelmed with other projects, I'm getting ready for the black Broward history tour: carver ranches today at the historic Bowles-Strachan house. One of the last 4 oldest homes in carver ranches that has turned into a historic museum showcasing local black history in carver ranches. Us Broward brehs got to build in our respective areas

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
February 2018 breh, just beenough overwhelmed with other projects, I'm getting ready for the black Broward history tour: carver ranches today at the historic Bowles-Strachan house. One of the last 4 oldest homes in carver ranches that has turned into a historic museum showcasing local black history in carver ranches. Us Broward brehs got to build in our respective areas
See, I never knew about the Bowles-Strachan home and museum. That's another gem you just dropped. Time for me to go research.

That's awesome. I'm of Palm Beach county stock. So I still have fam in that area, but also have fam in broward. Have you noticed all the new soul food places and lounges popping up all over South Broward? One in particular is Southern Spice in Hollywood, right near youngs circle. Real cool spot from what I've looked up.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
See, I never knew about the Bowles-Strachan home and museum. That's another gem you just dropped. Time for me to go research.

That's awesome. I'm of Palm Beach county stock. So I still have fam in that area, but also have fam in broward. Have you noticed all the new soul food places and lounges popping up all over South Broward? One in particular is Southern Spice in Hollywood, right near youngs circle. Real cool spot from what I've looked up.

The Bowles home is a real dope spot. Ms. Cynthia still lives there. I haven't checked out southern spice but I will soon. There is also a "humans of new york" esque series called "Black Florida" by johanne an afro Trinidadian friend of mine where she goes to several places in Florida takes photos and does interviews with the pioneers from these respected places

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The Bowles home is a real dope spot. Ms. Cynthia still lives there. I haven't checked out southern spice but I will soon. There is also a "humans of new york" esque series called "Black Florida" by johanne an afro Trinidadian friend of mine where she goes to several places in Florida takes photos and does interviews with the pioneers from these respected places
:lupe:

I'm definitely looking that up. Is she on IG?

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I was looking up black St.Augustine the other day especially the West Augustine area. I'm gonna have to do more research on Lincolnville and Fort Mose.

Fort Mose was the first Black city in America breh. First Black people actually born on American soil was there too. Before Jamestown even. Basically the Spanish gave freedom to any slave who could make it down there just to fukk with the British. Fort Mose was their piece of the pie and it was also used as real fort because it was near the top of their territory. St. Augustine probably got the richest Black history that most Black folks don’t know about. I think the reason is most of it is prior to America being formed, so it’s like a double negative to Cacs. Lincolnville was after the Civil War, but it was the same thing- Black folk building some shyt just got us.They damn sure ain’t gonna put stuff out there like that. They’ll throw you a bone and put some tragic ass Rosewood out, but they not trying to display that excellence.

Spent a decent stretch in the GA low country as a kid behind some stupid shyt. always was into history and I just spent my time reading about all that shyt down there and a lot of history in that part of GA is intertwined with that northern part of FLA when it came to that stuff. the St.James River was a big fukking deal to France, Spain and Britain back then and we were a big part of what was going on. Y’all brehs slipping who ain’t went to St Aug and took that Black history tour.