Black Star: No Fear of Time /// NEW ALBUM 5.3.22

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I only paid because I wanted the album. I have no use for the app outside of that.

The album isn’t there, so what did I pay for? It’s not about the dollar amount. I was also up later than usual to hear the album and it’s nowhere to be found.

Luminary had that dope ass Seattle Supersonics podcast.

If you like sports, you gotta listen to that

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not a whole $⁵
What we gon do now in these tough times

That's a whole One Gallon of gas
I mean people paying for something that isn’t there is a legit complaint (for sure if the album isn’t actually out before the 4th)
I only paid because I wanted the album. I have no use for the app outside of that.

The album isn’t there, so what did I pay for? It’s not about the dollar amount. I was also up later than usual to hear the album and it’s nowhere to be found.
And there’s no word on it from anyone involved

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I get what he’s saying but talib is pretentious

I want to go back to how you're releasing the album and the statement that you're making with it, but it's also a risk putting your music behind a paywall like that.

It's a risk for who?

I mean, maybe that's the wrong question. But putting it behind a paywall means...

That means the artists get paid. If you are truly a fan of Black Star, then you will respect the fact that what made sense for us, business-wise, was for us to put it on Luminary and get paid regardless of what happens in the music business. If you bought the Black Star album in the last 20 years, you paid Universal Records, which is one of the biggest companies on Earth. You know who you did not pay? You did not pay Black Star, because we didn't see any of that money. You know, people come and say, "Hey, what about what I want? I want the vinyl. I want it on Spotify. I want..." What you want does not matter. Know what I'm sayin'? What Black Star wants matters.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
WmSaxDV.jpg

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I want to go back to how you're releasing the album and the statement that you're making with it, but it's also a risk putting your music behind a paywall like that.

It's a risk for who?

I mean, maybe that's the wrong question. But putting it behind a paywall means...

That means the artists get paid. If you are truly a fan of Black Star, then you will respect the fact that what made sense for us, business-wise, was for us to put it on Luminary and get paid regardless of what happens in the music business. If you bought the Black Star album in the last 20 years, you paid Universal Records, which is one of the biggest companies on Earth. You know who you did not pay? You did not pay Black Star, because we didn't see any of that money. You know, people come and say, "Hey, what about what I want? I want the vinyl. I want it on Spotify. I want..." What you want does not matter. Know what I'm sayin'? What Black Star wants matters.

This guy…

:hhh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I don’t see how either. The single alone was almost 4 minutes.

Album getting turned into a deluxe playlist on my phone with 'Fix Up' and 'Sweetheart' if they're not already on it, I guess. :ehh: :manny:

:beli: at these man not having their shyt together, after a quarter century, though. :mindblown:
Mos and Madlib linking to form the Proscratination Voltron :mjlol:..........:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

It's a risk for who?

To be completely honest I don’t see whats so pretentious about his statement. They wanted to get paid for their art and they did. He even broke down the hows and whys.

You know whats pretentious? NOT releasing the goddamn album when you said you would. Its 11amEST and I don’t see no damn album on the app

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some communication from Black Star or Luminary would be nice. A lot of us blindly threw money at this app and we have no clue what the release timing is. Surely they could send out a tweet or something...

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, they are releasing this with no tracklist, no nothing just expecting people to blindly follow them ?!

Don't think they have the stock for this to really work like they might be hoping

Kendrick yeah, Blackstone after 20 years ? Nah b, with all due respect to YBs talent... this ain't it

Fingers crossed for a surprise high quality LP either way

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
To be completely honest I don’t see whats so pretentious about his statement. They wanted to get paid for their art and they did. He even broke down the hows and whys.

You know whats pretentious? NOT releasing the goddamn album when you said you would. Its 11amEST and I don’t see no damn album on the app
The statement combined with not dropping it is why I said it’s pretentious. The statement is absolutely worded poorly

People in 1999 would’ve given all their money to Blackstar for the album if possible. We don’t have anything to do with universal music group. I hate that he didn’t make more money for his previous work but that’s not our fault

He’s coming off like he’s angry at his own fans for wanting to support via vinyl or CD.