Black Star: No Fear of Time /// NEW ALBUM 5.3.22

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
To be completely honest I don’t see whats so pretentious about his statement. They wanted to get paid for their art and they did. He even broke down the hows and whys.

You know whats pretentious? NOT releasing the goddamn album when you said you would. Its 11amEST and I don’t see no damn album on the app

But, your latter part IS the problem.

We been waiting damn near 20 years for another Black Star album and they've pump faked more than Dr. Dre on Detox. But, atleast he made music.

They coming late on a platform most their listeners don't subscribe to. If he put it on Amazon and it wasn't streamable, that'll be one thing.

I thought Luminary was a podcast app, not a music platform.

shyt, drop the damn album on Bandcamp like Jean Grea.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The statement combined with not dropping it is why I said it’s pretentious. The statement is absolutely worded poorly

People in 1999 would’ve given all their money to Blackstar for the album if possible. We don’t have anything to do with universal music group. I hate that he didn’t make more money for his previous work but that’s not our fault

He’s coming off like he’s angry at his own fans for wanting to support via vinyl or CD.

I see what you’re saying.

My thing is if you have created something that’s inspired, touched, and meant something to many people to the point where they’d want a sequel or follow up then you have the right to present it in any means that would be financially viable to you. And I didn’t PERSONALLY feel that his explanation of UMG receiving the lion’s share of the royalties for their previous art as a diss to the fans, BUT I do know that Talib Kewli’s tone and the way he comes off isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

All I ask when it comes to these “non-traditional” ventures is that they are professional about it and that the rollout is as close to what we’d get if it were to come out on DSP’s, CD, or Vinyl. Meaning 12:00am availability provided the app is downloaded and installed and all that jazz.

They’ve missed the mark on the PROFESSIONALISM piece. You can’t be on your high horse about this kind of stuff and NOT be ready to deliver when the time comes

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Exactly. It’s not our fault they signed a shytty contract. Saying it’s not about what the fans want is doofy talk. So why should we pay for the new album if it’s not about what we want? Then on top of that, they don’t drop the album on the advertised release date?

That’s a lot of nerve. Dude needs to get over himself. Pride comes before the fall.
They did drop on the release date

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Kanye be lying bout album drops and be off my months and I never seen this reaction :heh:
That's because a lot of heads on The Coli have been done with Kanye for years, and Mos, Madlib, and Kweli are all still beloved cats on here.

Also, Kanye has damn near double digit albums. Blackstar has one album. Also with Kanye, fukkery is always expected.

Scarcity/rarity drives interest especially places like here.