Black Star: No Fear of Time /// NEW ALBUM 5.3.22

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Some of these vocals don't sound like they're mixed right but from a quick listen today this is dope.

Would have liked more drums and traditional songs but I'm happy, there's definitely a lot of replay value here. The song with Black Thought is a standout for sure.

Kweli did his thing on here, Mos really brings out the best in him.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Frequency one of my fav joints on the album... Kweli >>> Mos Def (on that MF DOOM/JayE flow) & Thought :salute:

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Had high expectations for this but after listening to it. I gotta say it's SUPER mid imo. So far 3 tracks are all that I'm feeling :manny: So Be It, Title and the Roc Marci rest feel like they are throwing whatever at the wall hoping it sticks.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Listened to this a couple times. I'm underwhelmed. Sounds like a decent mixtape. Nothing about it is. Amazing. Not the music or the raps.

Could be the way it was mixed, but the production sounds kinda flat to me overall. The only beat that really jumped out at me is So Be It. Doesn't feel like Madlib was all in on this.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Black Star-BOBS-Reflection Eternal is a GOAT level 3 album run but to pretend that either of these artists are even close to that now is delusional.
Black Thought sounds so much better on his verse than anything else on the album. Mos sounds like he's rapping at 0.75x speed and Kweli sounds fine but still like a weakened version of his former self.
Let's be real if say Gunna was introducing two new artists and this was the album they put out absolutely no in any age group would be checking for it. Its cool for a listen or two for nostalgia sake but that's about it...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Black Star-BOBS-Reflection Eternal is a GOAT level 3 album run but to pretend that either of these artists are even close to that now is delusional.
Black Thought sounds so much better on his verse than anything else on the album. Mos sounds like he's rapping at 0.75x speed and Kweli sounds fine but still like a weakened version of his former self.
Let's be real if say Gunna was introducing two new artists and this was the album they put out absolutely no in any age group would be checking for it. Its cool for a listen or two for nostalgia sake but that's about it...

Name two artists Gunna could “introduce” on the skill levels of Mos freaking Def and Talib Kweli.:mjlol:

Gunna would need a thesaurus to get through the first song:russ:

doublenegative

I Heard A Dope Beat
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
The Song Maker and the SK 5
You sound wild

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
obama-why.gif

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Its solid. Rapping is quality and some of the beats are good but it def has a demo quality feel to it.

You can tell it was recorded in hotel rooms and shyt. It would be great to get a high profile release with studio production and Hi-Tek involved. But its still great to hear Mos Def rapping over a brand new set of tracks. And Kweli doesn't fukk it up.