Daps
Rib-Tip-Dinner-770x577.jpg

skinny-shrimp-grit-spry-health-derby-recipe.jpg
img_1491.jpg

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Sylvia's fell off a long time ago. It was THE soul food spot back in the day but I think around the time she started branching out and getting into canned goods, distribution and stuff, the quality of the food started falling off. The absolute last time I was there, it was full of white people who had started getting comfortable going to Harlem, and they were eating the food as it was served on some :eat:but the black folk were tasting the food and having to add seasoning and stuff, it was so bland. I thought it might just have been a one-off, but I heard from some other friends that went there afterwards that it was still bland. Plus right locally in Brooklyn I had the Carolina Country Kitchen on Atlantic and Saratoga, so I didn't have to go all the way uptown to get some good soul food.

:ehh: I may try it out.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I see a lot of seafood in these soul food dishes. This is very new to me. Maybe it's a southern thing :leostare:

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
macaroni and cheese is a perfect food item :noah:

macaroni with a sharp and creamy cheese blend with a pinch of cinnamon with some nutmeg with some spicy mitmita and mustard powder :drool:

barbecued ribs too, good lord :noah:
I make some good ass yams and honey corn bread :sas1:

Maybe you can bring your mac and cheese and bbq ribs on a cheat night :jawalrus:

:noah: