Black Skin Is Still A Radical Concept in Video Games

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
:manny: I posted my Blood relatives pics. even my dad whose black, his family was from the south. grandma cooks collard greens, hog maws, and all that.

and yet im still not considered black by half this site
That's not your father, fam.
All this racist shyt you're posting about "greens and hog maws"
White people in the south eat those foods as well.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
a prime example of what i'm talking about: horizon zero dawn....the game is fukking amazing....and to go along with the thread's topic: GG did a great job of making blacks look like people that belong in the game's world, which they deserve props for....but they also made the lead white...not talking reg white, she's like ultra white when compared to other whites in the game...now, it doesnt take you out of the game, but it is interesting that the character we play as is an ultra white woman, in a game world where the majority of people are non white....why you may ask?....cause they didnt wanna completely turn off the white audience that could potential buy the game...they already made the lead a woman, which white males look down on, so guess they made her an ultra white savior to get them to ignore that lol....which i understand cause at the end of the day, it's a business and they gotta care about their bottom line....but it's just another example of how it's more than just 'video games'....

Horizon is a terrible example. Despite the diversity its still a typical white savior setup. But its still a great game so it doesnt matter.

At the end of the day these are just video games, why does it matter so much to you?

Edit: my bad misread your post.....if the game is amazing whats the problem? I notice the same things you do it just doesnt matter that much to me man. Its a fukking game about robotic animals.

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
That's why I was rooting hard for Mafia 3 to make it...Even bought the game day one knowing damn well it wouldn't be a good game gameplay-wise from those preview videos. But I wanted to support them because of who the protagonist was

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horizon is a terrible example. Despite the diversity its still a typical white savior setup. But its still a great game so it doesnt matter.

At the end of the day these are just video games, why does it matter so much to you?

Edit: my bad misread your post.....if the game is amazing whats the problem? I notice the same things you do it just doesnt matter that much to me man. Its a fukking game about robotic animals.

the problem is the very thing you said: things always having a white savior....i just used horizon as an example of both a white savior, and how game devs actually got black skin/people right....anyway, as for the white savior: that is a problem....it subconsciously gets non whites to think of whites as saviors and to get us (non whites) to become dependent as you said, which is bullshyt to me...you say it's just a video game, i say it's just another example of them trying to reinforce that thinking....the same way the uncharted series (which i highly enjoy) can be called out for having a white savior that runs around the world killing non whites.....

...also, me calling them out doesnt take away from the fun i have with the game...the 2 arent joined at the hip, they are separate things....i just use them as a starting point to a larger convo....anyway, been fun shooting the shyt, but i'm back to playing horizon...that game is so fukking fun.....

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
because you ARE white.
I'm lightskinned.
That's not your father, fam.
All this racist shyt you're posting about "greens and hog maws"
White people in the south eat those foods as well.

any proof on that? or do you just want to call a black & mexican mixed person "white"?

489ab6ab79d04f53b3fd42a3f5db326e.jpeg

1b0be698a60047dc9c2cb3797ea2b51b.jpeg

hell, you trying to say that dude aint my father.

10399509_145947158417_6398959_n.jpg

Heres a picture when I was 13. I got a few baby pictures somewhere too with my pops but I gotta look for em. I didnt have many pictures with him because we didnt get along all that much. and I was back and forth between him and my mom.

I wasnt adopted, this is the same man whose name is on my birth certificate along with my moms.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
any proof on that? or do you just want to call a black & mexican mixed person "white"?

489ab6ab79d04f53b3fd42a3f5db326e.jpeg

1b0be698a60047dc9c2cb3797ea2b51b.jpeg

hell, you trying to say that dude aint my father.

10399509_145947158417_6398959_n.jpg

Heres a picture when I was 13. I got a few baby pictures somewhere too with my pops but I gotta look for em.

I wasnt adopted, this is the same man whose name is on my birth certificate along with my moms.
Ohhhh shyt you are that same troll from thehoodup.
Bro you have serious problems. Get help.
You were trying to bang Norte and be a gamer at the same time.
nikkas made an emoji out of that man you're with's face.

Jonah

Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Ohhhh shyt you are that same troll from thehoodup.
Bro you have serious problems. Get help.
You were trying to bang Norte and be a gamer at the same time.
nikkas made an emoji out of that man you're with's face.
whats wrong with being ghetto and being a gamer? both those aint mutually exclusive.

I am reputable in the streets, but I like video games. nothing wrong with that :yeshrug: and yea i used to go on the hood up, funniest shyt was when a troll made that emoji of my dads head, troll that did it was a known racist troll. :francis: doesnt mean I changed anything about myself, still the same. people on the hoodup even commented on how I was one of the few who was consistent and had my pics and shyt on the site and spoke actual street knowledge and pictures of myself in known hoods and shyt.

but go ahead, I will bite. :feedme:

you said to get help. I posted medical records and all that talkin bout how I was messed up in the head. like I said, I dont fake shyt, the me you see is the me you get. :gucci:

Jonah

Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
You finally admitted it.
That's all I wanted.
You shared wayyyy too much on there for me to take you seriously on here.
admitted what? that I dont lie about myself? I aint never hid that shyt. hell I was brought here by some dude from the hoodup advertising this site a few years back.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:mjpls:

I'm starting to notice that black characters are the least liked characters of some of the games I love.

Jacob of Mass Effect

Preston Garvey of Fallout 4

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
:mjpls:

I'm starting to notice that black characters are the least liked characters of some of the games I love.

Jacob of Mass Effect

Preston Garvey of Fallout 4
:yeshrug: most of my fav games are ones where i can create my character. Destiny for one... still have :hhh: custom for creating a black character. and when i come at JRPG's 90% of the time most of the cast is cacs IMO :francis: but i still enjoy them

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:yeshrug: most of my fav games are ones where i can create my character. Destiny for one... still have :hhh: custom for creating a black character. and when i come at JRPG's 90% of the time most of the cast is cacs IMO :francis: but i still enjoy them
I'm talking the internet crowd.

I just watched Fallout 4 review and a white dude very admanant on how much he hated the faction Garvey is apart of.

Plus, it's well known how much ME fans hate Jacob.