Black Physician Who Said She Was Mistreated Dies of COVID-19

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The truth, which people here have ignored for months, is that hospitals are reaching capacity and are selecting who to keep and who to turn away. Older people, like the woman in the OP, are being told to go home and report their symptoms. They’re prioritizing younger people.

This is what happens when people refuse to take a pandemic seriously. You get death panels. Good luck to all the brehs partying and hanging out this weekend...

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
5thbornpowerseed said:
Why should black americans trust government or healthcare officials?

Because most of them are actually decent people and not out to kill us. The ones with more nefarious motives are easily identified by their demeanor. The doc in OP told you what to look for.​

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
:picard: I’m giving birth soon with a cac doctor, the black OB is 45 min away, 15 minutes furter than my current OB. I might have to switch this up ASAP!!!!
My ob (2 different ones)wasn’t there for any of my births even the one that was scheduled. They always showed up the next day. One of them charged me just to say sorry for your loss after my first miscarriage. I called the office and told them she wasn’t there when I was pushing out the baby how dare you charge me to say you sorry I lost my baby the next day, you was a visitor. They removed the charge.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
in the process of pushing my kids towards that. They’re going but I want to save this story to show them this once they’re older

mine is looking into engineering. Next year, he’ll be in 10th grade and he’ll be doing dual enrollment at the community college.
:lolbron: It’s free for highschoolers...that way he has 3 years to complete a 2 year degree. The only subject I’m worried about is English. I love my son but he is a HORRIBLE writer. I read an essay and was like :why:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mine is looking into engineering. Next year, he’ll be in 10th grade and he’ll be doing dual enrollment at the community college.
:lolbron: It’s free for highschoolers...that way he has 3 years to complete a 2 year degree. The only subject I’m worried about is English. I love my son but he is a HORRIBLE writer. I read an essay and was like :why:

It’s crazy cause I was a terrible writer, but became REALLY good once I got to college. I write a lot of shyt now for my family and friends when they need help. He can def pick it up if he applies himself. Happened with me.

Edit: @Pseudonym the trick is to relate it to something they love instead of forcing it. This is where teachers fail imo. It turned out that I loved linguistics. Teacher in college related it to lyrics in hip hop, talking to females and movie dialogue lol. shyt opened my eyes. Ended up studying debates, Quentin t movies and honestly Biggie lyrics lol.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
My mother was just telling me about her dealings with another racist cac doctor just yesterday. A lot of these white doctors are elitist snobs and racist.

My mother thinks this dude who she had to deal with yesterday main hang-up was a mixture of race and the fact that she did residency where he did his at which seems to further make him angry.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have to find the article but I remember reading something that said doctors are less willing to give black people pain killers because it’s believed that we have a higher pain tolerance.
Really common. I remember once sitting in the hospital with a dislocated shoulder...like my arm hanging out of the shoulder socket for FOUR hours and nobody gave me shyt while I waited or after I left. And it takes about 15 seconds to put the arm back in the socket. TBH, it didn’t really bother me cuz I have a high threshold for pain but the fact that nobody even checked up on me to see how I was doing for hours is egregious. A year later I had to get surgery cuz the ligament was destroyed...probably from...