Black Panther Game from new EA studio (Officially announced)

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Monolith made the Modor games which were pretty decent, so there is some hope. Very skeptical about the character creator and how many black devs are a part of the studio. Knowing the industry it's probably not many black devs involved so I am worried about that part.

This isn't Monolith. It's the ex-VP of Monolith heading up a new studio. EA's marketing people are already trying to muddy the waters even bringing Monolith's name into it.

Last edited:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
"We all kneel to serve you, King Chad'Challa!!!"

E90ax-PWQAQR18t.jpg

...yes this IS a thing online, sadly.

I'll echo what a lot of us are saying. Should have just let us be T'Challa. Hell, give me T'Chaka in the 80's.

Someone asked why couldn't Batman, Wolverine or Spiderman be black? But those aren't legacy characters. You gotta read more into what's going on. This isnt T'Challa, this is "the next King of Wakanda" not T'Challa's story. Again, sadly...

Now more questions I have.
- If we're in Wakanda, WHAT VILLAIN GOT IN THE SECRECT CITY OF THE FUTURE?!
- Are we gonna have a rival who also wants the throne? Will we be Player'Challa vs Rivalmonger?
- Will there be rhinos?!

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
My guess is the customization goes as far as choosing between a black woman or black man and not just full on create a character mode because it would just be kind of wild to even do that for this game.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
No way they gonna be stupid enough to give ability to create a white character. That literally goes against everything Black Panther is about. Probably just going to be a male or female option since Black Panther is both in the comics depending on who wears the costume.

Also exploring an open world Wakanda map might be crazy if they really keep it true to the source material and make it a current gen only game.
Judging by how the industry has been treating these big Ip releases I doubt it

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yall need to chill with that white Black panther shyt :mjlol: If anything they probably just mean different hairstyles and shyt (that you won't see most of the time since you got a helmet on, so it takes up less resources)

If they ever make it so you can create a white man you can ban me forever from the Arcadium :ufdup:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The one franchise with a black male protagonist and they :whoa: shyt is fukking disgusting. If you think this is due to anything other than the fact they think their white consumers don't want to play as a black protagonist you're out of your mind. They're not allowing you to create a Peter Quill or Peter Parker. You sure as shyt won't have the option to make Wolverine black. When you play Batman, your black asses will run it with a white Bruce Wayne or you won't play at all. At some point, enough is enough. Hard pass on this trash.

:camby:
Real talk this is nasty :hhh:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Wait the player is the NEW Black Panther. Are people gonna be making a White character Black Panther?:hhh:……Damn Black people cant have shyt
The studio has some explaining to do, I’m ready to boycott the shyt out this game.