Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

630.9 million domestic
606.4 million overseas

= 1.237 billion total

We saw this coming weeks ago but today it officially happened:

Passed Avengers (623m) to be the highest grossing superhero movie ever in America
Passed Iron Man 3 (1.214b) to be the highest grossing solo superhero movie ever worldwide
Passed Fate of the Furious (1.236b), making Ryan Coogler the highest grossing black director ever

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

630.9 million domestic
606.4 million overseas

= 1.237 billion total

We saw this coming weeks ago but today it officially happened:

Passed Avengers (623m) to be the highest grossing superhero movie ever in America
Passed Iron Man 3 (1.214b) to be the highest grossing solo superhero movie ever worldwide
Passed Fate of the Furious (1.236b), making Ryan Coogler the highest grossing black director ever

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
‘Black Panther’ Passes ‘Jurassic World’ Domestically And ‘Frozen’ Globally — Box Office

Black Panther continues its climb up the box office charts. The Disney/Marvel superhero film has officially now crossed two big box office milestones: Domestically, with a box office tally of $652.5M, it officially surpassed Jurassic World ($652.3M) to become the No. 4 movie of all-time. And, globally it passed Frozen’s $1,276.5M to step into the Top Ten movies of all time. It has grossed $1.279.2M to date. And with $626.7M under its belt internationally, it is also the highest grossing superhero film that features a solo superhero.

Both domestically and around the globe, Black Panther has been the Wakanda wonder since releasing on Feb. 16. It opened domestically to a whopping $202M and by mid-March was already at the $600M domestically. It accomplished a feat that another Marvel Universe film also had not achieved — it was No. 1 at the box office for five consecutive weeks after its release. The last film to spend five weeks in a row at the top was Avatar, which ruled for seven weeks in 2009-10.

Black Panther stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman and Daniel Kaluuya (Oscar nominated from Get Out). The film was directed by Ryan Coogler.

The Top Five markets around the world for Black Panther are China with $104.5M, the U.K. ($65.2M), South Korea ($42.8M), Brazil ($35.4M) and France ($31.1M).
:blessed:

Code

Banned
Daps
I think it'll end its run #3 all-time domestic and #10 worldwide.

which still stand at least a few week

Stop assuming Infinity War will beat it...Civil War had a ton of characters and a good plot but was the least successful teamup film

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Stop assuming Infinity War will beat it...Civil War had a ton of characters and a good plot but was the least successful teamup film
Did Civil War come 2 months after the biggest solo superhero flick ever and feature trailers all in that heroes homeland looking almost like a mega sequel? :ariana2:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Avengers may help panther's legs a bit towards the end of it's run.

Code

Banned
Daps
Did Civil War come 2 months after the biggest solo superhero flick ever and feature trailers all in that heroes homeland looking almost like a mega sequel? :ariana2:

Doesn't matter what the trailers look like, the directors themselves have basically called it Thanos' movie. If you think BP fans are gonna pay for 20 mins of t'challa you're crazy

Plus it was filmed before BP's success so every cac hero will get more screentime even fukking black widow

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't matter what the trailers look like, the directors themselves have basically called it Thanos' movie. If you think BP fans are gonna pay for 20 mins of t'challa you're crazy

Plus it was filmed before BP's success so every cac hero will get more screentime even fukking black widow

This is one of like 3 movies casuals are going to see this year.

Normally I would have guessed i would make around ir slightly less than Ultron but after the phenomenon BP was this will kill .

I think bp may beat it domestically but IW may win with the worldwide #s

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off some of BP's supporting cast. I don't think Disney had any idea that BP would be as big as it was during production of both films. Then again, Feige might have because he has good sense about when it comes to gauging how successful a property can be and he was very confident about Panther.