Black Panther- breaking record Watch Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
BP2 gonna be monstrous.

Mickey gonna be like
disney-greed.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Box Office: Marvel's 'Black Panther' Tops $500M After Record $65M Third Weekend

Black Panther just snagged a jaw-dropping $65.7 million in its third weekend of domestic release
. That’s the third-biggest third weekend of all time, behind only Avatar ($69m in 2010) and Star: The Force Awakens ($90m in 2016). Both of those respective third frames occurred when the Friday was on New Years’ Day. Black Panther is thus the biggest third-weekend gross for a movie that didn’t have any holiday boost. If you want to adjust for inflation, the Black Panther’s third-weekend gross is the fourth-biggest of all time, behind only Spider-Man ($71m adjusted), Avatar ($79m adjusted) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($96m adjusted).

Oh, and that 41% drop is the fourth-lowest third-weekend drop for an MCU flick behind Iron Man (-37%), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (-38%) and Guardians of the Galaxy (-40%), all of which opened with over/under $100 million. Among $150m+ openers, it’s the seventh-smallest such drop behind only the last three Star Wars movies (all of which had year-end holiday boosts), the Dark Knight sequels and The Hunger Games. Its current 17-day domestic total is now $501m, which is the third-biggest such figure (sans inflation) behind The Last Jedi ($517m in 2017/2018) and The Force Awakens ($742m in 2015/2016)

Worldwide is just as impressive, even if it’s probably going to be one of those movies (like The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman or Rogue One) that makes more of its money in North America than overseas. That’s only because Black Panther is so obscenely overperforming in North America, again like Wonder Woman and the last few Star Wars movies.

The picture has earned $897 million worldwide, meaning it should be past $900m worldwide tomorrow and over/under $1 billion by the end of next weekend.
It is already the biggest comic book movie ever with no Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark to be found.

Among comic book superhero flicks, it sits behind only The Dark Knight ($1 billion in 2008), The Dark Knight Rises ($1.1b in 2012), Captain America: Civil War ($1.1b in 2016), Iron Man 3 ($1.2b in 2013), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4b in 2015) and The Avengers ($1.5b in 2012).

Yes, it’s going to make a play for Iron Man 3’s milestone as the biggest solo superhero flick worldwide. Yes, it’s thus-far tracking for a solid bow in China next weekend. No, it doesn’t need to hit a home run in China to prove anything. Come what may, Black Panther is already a glorious smash hit.

Your move, Teen Titans Go to the Movies!.

tenor.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
501.1 million domestic
396.6 million international

tracking to debut well in China :wow:

Colonizers said black films don't sell domestic, international that well :mjgrin:

I hope the actual numbers turn out to be higher, come Monday. [that's been the case the last 2 weekend]. I want it to be at 900m

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Box Office: Marvel's 'Black Panther' Tops $500M After Record $65M Third Weekend

Black Panther just snagged a jaw-dropping $65.7 million in its third weekend of domestic release
. That’s the third-biggest third weekend of all time, behind only Avatar ($69m in 2010) and Star: The Force Awakens ($90m in 2016). Both of those respective third frames occurred when the Friday was on New Years’ Day. Black Panther is thus the biggest third-weekend gross for a movie that didn’t have any holiday boost. If you want to adjust for inflation, the Black Panther’s third-weekend gross is the fourth-biggest of all time, behind only Spider-Man ($71m adjusted), Avatar ($79m adjusted) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($96m adjusted).

Oh, and that 41% drop is the fourth-lowest third-weekend drop for an MCU flick behind Iron Man (-37%), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (-38%) and Guardians of the Galaxy (-40%), all of which opened with over/under $100 million. Among $150m+ openers, it’s the seventh-smallest such drop behind only the last three Star Wars movies (all of which had year-end holiday boosts), the Dark Knight sequels and The Hunger Games. Its current 17-day domestic total is now $501m, which is the third-biggest such figure (sans inflation) behind The Last Jedi ($517m in 2017/2018) and The Force Awakens ($742m in 2015/2016)

Worldwide is just as impressive, even if it’s probably going to be one of those movies (like The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman or Rogue One) that makes more of its money in North America than overseas. That’s only because Black Panther is so obscenely overperforming in North America, again like Wonder Woman and the last few Star Wars movies.

The picture has earned $897 million worldwide, meaning it should be past $900m worldwide tomorrow and over/under $1 billion by the end of next weekend.
It is already the biggest comic book movie ever with no Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark to be found.

Among comic book superhero flicks, it sits behind only The Dark Knight ($1 billion in 2008), The Dark Knight Rises ($1.1b in 2012), Captain America: Civil War ($1.1b in 2016), Iron Man 3 ($1.2b in 2013), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4b in 2015) and The Avengers ($1.5b in 2012).

Yes, it’s going to make a play for Iron Man 3’s milestone as the biggest solo superhero flick worldwide. Yes, it’s thus-far tracking for a solid bow in China next weekend. No, it doesn’t need to hit a home run in China to prove anything. Come what may, Black Panther is already a glorious smash hit.

Your move, Teen Titans Go to the Movies!.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I went to see it again(3rd time) Sat, with my lil girl. Tried to get in for the 1:20pm show and it was sold out.:gucci:

Couldn't get 2 seats together until 3:50pm and the theater was packed.:blessed:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

I dunno how anyone can hate chadwick

Well....... I know a couple of Dem c00ns that still are trying to hate on him, his team, and his company.

Megatron is mad distraught right now....... this is killing him with his dusty ass and is staying mad

Martha

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Well....... I know a couple of Dem c00ns that still are trying to hate on him, his team, and his company.

Megatron is mad distraught right now....... this is killing him with his dusty ass and is staying mad

Martha

same kewns hating while they went to pwi while chadwick went to a hbcu

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
same kewns hating while they went to pwi while chadwick went to a hbcu

Yes..... he’s proudly repping the MEAC!!!

I’m an Aggie....... but got nothing but respect for the Howard brehs:salute:

Martha

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Went to see it for my 3rd time this weekend with my mother. Hard time finding shows with two seats together. Had to go with a non reserved seating theater like a pleb :gag: