Black Panther- breaking record Watch Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who the fukk said that:wtf:

Oh way way back when they first announced it there was a peanut gallery saying it wouldn’t do well in February. And it was a set up. Same people thinking Stan Lee being accused of foul shyt was some sort of sabotage against the movie.

This place is full of nothing but black Alex jones’

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while that would be good, that's too low for me...i want this shyt to break records like a muthafukka....i know people talk about staying power, which is cool, but i want this to have a $200+ ow....some real kick in the door of the establishment shyt.....

seriously, i'm ready to go on websites right now and give '5/5, 10/10, best movie ever, highly recommend seeing this multiple times' type reviews...and if people ask have i seen it, i'd say 'nope, and dont give a fukk, it's 5/5 off principle'....on some head of state 'who the fukk you think i'm voting for' shyt lol.....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Ziggiy i see a lot of stupid shyt on this board but don’t take names cause I’m too busy laughing and I’m a smart ass so feel no need to engage. Like I said in the get out thread: nikkas don’t know if they’re coming or going here

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
while that would be good, that's too low for me...i want this shyt to break records like a muthafukka....i know people talk about staying power, which is cool, but i want this to have a $200+ ow....some real kick in the door of the establishment shyt.....

seriously, i'm ready to go on websites right now and give '5/5, 10/10, best movie ever, highly recommend seeing this multiple times' type reviews...and if people ask have i seen it, i'd say 'nope, and dont give a fukk, it's 5/5 off principle'....on some head of state 'who the fukk you think i'm voting for' shyt lol.....

I feel you bro.

But honestly and realistically speaking anything above 100 Millie debut IS a historic, record breaking debut. For both a debut Marvel Film, a Film with an all black leading cast, A film with a black writer, and a film with a black director.

$120 million is “kick in the door” money.

It’s EXTREMELY hard for a film to do anything over $150 and upwards of $200 million is almost impossible. NOT because of lack of support or hype, but because a film needs to have lightning in a bottle type luck to ahieve it.

ozzy

Pro
Daps
Oh way way back when they first announced it there was a peanut gallery saying it wouldn’t do well in February. And it was a set up. Same people thinking Stan Lee being accused of foul shyt was some sort of sabotage against the movie.

This place is full of nothing but black Alex jones’

This is what I have been saying but some people cares for what the coil has to say sad life

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you bro.

But honestly and realistically speaking anything above 100 Millie debut IS a historic, record breaking debut. For both a debut Marvel Film, a Film with an all black leading cast, A film with a black writer, and a film with a black director.

It’s EXTREMELY hard for a film to do anything over $150 and upwards of $200 million is almost impossible. NOT because of lack of support or hype, but because a film needs to have lightning in a bottle type luck to ahieve it.

true...just feel we (blacks) spend a lot of money on shyt, and this should be something we spend some of that money on...we could make it do numbers by ourselves, which i think would be huge for us on some self pride shyt...i'm probably just thinking too deeply about it....

realistically, i think it'll do around $130-150 million, but anything above $100, i'm good with....think it'll finish it's run around 750-800.....

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Wasnt WW tracking to do 120 it ended up doing 103. These tracking stories always tend to over shoot than underestimate:francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you bro.

Exactly. anything over 150 is an incredible debut and you caught lightning.
true...just feel we (blacks) spend a lot of money on shyt, and this should be something we spend some of that money on...we could make it do numbers by ourselves, which i think would be huge for us on some self pride shyt...i'm probably just thinking too deeply about it....

realistically, i think it'll do around $130-150 million, but anything above $100, i'm good with....think it'll finish it's run around 750-800.....

Breh you're assuming that every black person A wants to see it and that B, no white people want to see it either. We should spend money on shyt we care about but that assumes we care about this. We're not the Borg

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you're assuming that every black person A wants to see it and that B, no white people want to see it either. We should spend money on shyt we care about but that assumes we care about this. We're not the Borg

naw, i'm not assuming either of those things....and normally i would agree: people should spend money on things they care about...in this case though i'm saying i dont care about those things....i dont care if they want to see it or not, nor do i care if white people want to see it or not (which i know they do)....we alone can and should want to make this a huge success....anything white people chip in should be in addition to that, but even if they dont, it still should be a huge success cause we made it that....

and naw, it's not on some borg thinking...to me, i just think it would do us as a people some good, mentally, to see us as more than the stereotypical bullshyt they try to portray as us in entertainment....yea, i know it's just a movie, but so are all the other movies where they show us as stereotypes/in a negative manner/etc...that shyt does have an effect on people subconsciously, and i think seeing something besides that norm would be good for us....

...like i said: i admit i'm probably thinking to deeply/much about it in that way....

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
WW was tracking initially to do like 65 mill stop making shyt up
They actually had WW for 85 so maybe you should take your own advice. Meant to say JL anyways, tracking to make 120 made 93

everyone here is a tough guy i suppose:skip:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
naw, i'm not assuming either of those things....and normally i would agree: people should spend money on things they care about...in this case though i'm saying i dont care about those things....i dont care if they want to see it or not, nor do i care if white people want to see it or not (which i know they do)....we alone can and should want to make this a huge success....anything white people chip in should be in addition to that, but even if they dont, it still should be a huge success cause we made it that....

and naw, it's not on some borg thinking...to me, i just think it would do us as a people some good, mentally, to see us as more than the stereotypical bullshyt they try to portray as us in entertainment....yea, i know it's just a movie, but so are all the other movies where they show us as stereotypes/in a negative manner/etc...that shyt does have an effect on people subconsciously, and i think seeing something besides that norm would be good for us....

...like i said: i admit i'm probably thinking to deeply/much about it in that way....

Nah I feel you but not every black person feels that way. So I’m just saying temper those expectations that every black person from the east coast to the west coast is going to see it to send a message. You gotta get enough young people or people in their 30s and 40s and comic book fans in their 50s to see it. And by sheer economics there will be some older black people who aren’t down for the movie and that’s coolio. Has to be anyway.

I don’t think you’re looking too deeply but as a friend of mine told me once, never assume everyone has the same values as you.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I feel you but not every black person feels that way. So I’m just saying temper those expectations that every black person from the east coast to the west coast is going to see it to send a message. You gotta get enough young people or people in their 30s and 40s and comic book fans in their 50s to see it. And by sheer economics there will be some older black people who aren’t down for the movie and that’s coolio. Has to be anyway.

I don’t think you’re looking too deeply but as a friend of mine told me once, never assume everyone has the same values as you.

true...that's why i figure realistically it'll do around $130 with a chance at reaching as high as $150 (if it gets great reviews/word of mouth, and that avengers lead in boost)...