Black Panther 2 star, Letitia Wright, distances herself from a movie she filmed after conservatives try to use the film for their agendas.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Black Panther star and producer Letitia Wright has distanced herself from her new movie's promoters after learning that they are partnered with conservatives.Wright's company is behind the new Christian-themed film, 'Sound of Hope: The Story of Possum Trot,' which tells the story of a Texas church that adopted over 70 foster kids.The movie, distributed to theaters by Angel Studios, is catching fire with audiences and earned $6.7 million over the July Fourth holiday - despite its relatively small $8.5 million budget.
But, on Sunday, Wright issued a statement on Instagram complaining that Angel Studios is working with the conservative news website, DailyWire+.

'To be clear,' Wright wrote, 'after we completed production of this film, Angel Studios were brought on board to handle its distribution and they later partnered with The Daily Wire. That was not my decision, and I was not given an update or made aware of this decision.

'I am in no way aligned or affiliated with The Daily Wire.

'I do not condone using this beautiful film for divisive political purposes. That is not why I joined the project.'

Wright's statement also came after The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh promoted the film on X, claiming in a July 4 post that 'Leftists are trying to stop Christians from saving more children.'

The Daily Wire's CEO Jeremy Boreing told DailyMail.com that 'The Daily Wire is truly honored to partner with Angel Studios on such an important project.

'But, such is the intolerance of the modern left that instead of celebrating this accomplishment and all it might mean, one of the film's producers, Letitia Wright of Black Panther fame, used the occasion to condemn The Daily Wire's involvement in sharing this message across the country.

Wright's company is behind the new Christian-themed film, 'Sound of Hope: The Story of Possum Trot,' which tells the story of a Texas church that adopted over 70 foster kids.

• 87120037-13616347-image-m-22_1720546300227.jpg

On Sunday, Wright issued a statement on her Instagram separating herself from the film's promoters

On Sunday, Wright issued a statement on her Instagram separating herself from the film's promoters
'Letitia and I probably don't share the same politics, but I believe we share a Christian faith and, more importantly, the same goal of shining a light on something we can all agree on - a community banding together to help kids in need.

'We hope people don't allow this distraction to steal from the message from the film and the impact it can have. Everyone should see this movie and join the fight for kids.'

Sound of Hope tells the story of Bishop W.C. Martin and his wife Donna Martin who inspired their entire congregation in East Texas - 22 families - to adopt every child in the county's foster care system.

Wright's statement came after The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh promoted the film on X on July 4, claiming that 'Today, leftists are trying to stop Christians from saving more children'

Wright's statement came after The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh promoted the film on X on July 4, claiming that 'Today, leftists are trying to stop Christians from saving more children'
87125797-13616347-image-a-27_1720548922779.jpg

Wright was heavily criticized in 2021 after a report claimed she had a habit of expressing her anti-vaccine views on the set of the sequel to the hit Marvel series - which she denied.

She was slammed by Marvel co-star Don Cheadle after she shared a YouTube clip featuring British commentator Tomi Arayomi, a Christian who claims to converse with angels and runs a ministry that charges members for lessons at his 'school.'

Arayomi describes himself as 'a well recognized Prophet and the Managing Director of Prophetic Voice TV.'

In the video shared by Wright, Arayomi asked if the COVID vaccine injection will implant 5G antennas inside people or create human-animal 'chimeras.'

The actor called the footage shared by Wright 'hot garbage' and said what was claimed in it was 'F****d up'.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Only two reason to disagree with it, You are doing out of loyalty to the conservatives or drank their tea in regards to it.

Or you just a dummy who thinks 5g towers cause covid and vaccines make your children magnetic.
Wrong and ignorant. My mom religiously votes Democrat and she didn't take the vaccine because she chose not to

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Only two reason to disagree with it, You are doing out of loyalty to the conservatives or drank their tea in regards to it.

Or you just a dummy who thinks 5g towers cause covid and vaccines make your children magnetic.
So people who chose not to take the vaccine have to be either of these two options and not because of their personal choice?

This is exactly why people say this society is “cooked” now :snoop:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I bet she still gonna be cashing those checks.

But who exactly did she expect the audience to be? Of course is gonna be cristards.

A black woman makes a movie about a black family adopting black children and you want to turn it into some political bullshyt.