Black Name on Resume vs White Name on Resume.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Quick synopsis.

I like to always review my options every so often in the job market. I have a good job now and have no intentions of moving on unless I have a really great offer. So, recently I have been sending some resumes out and I've gotten some poor responses despite meeting all qualifications. Poor responses meaning, I'm not even given a phone screen - just a flat out, "we are not interested".

So, on the last two - I decided to try something. I went back to the resume and filled it out with a fake name (Andrew McKenzie), an alternate email, and alternate phone number.

I sent the resume back in and lo and behold, within 2 days I received a response asking for a phone screen. Just 4 days prior, I received a "not interested" response. So, the only thing changed in the resume was my name, address, phone number and I believe I changed a couple of names of the jobs but did not change any of the work I did or experience.

So, I think I'm going to see this through and do the phone screen and see if they actually bring me in to an interview.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
no shyt....if i had a business and i would give laquiesha and tyrone a look before bill goldberg
:yeshrug:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL