Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I watched the pilot last year and didn't really see what all the hype was about, but I finally picked this up again this week and finished out all three seasons. The pilot really doesn't give you an accurate impression of what the show is about.

I can see all the episodes being on one universe, except I can't think of a way to get the "15 Million Merits" episode to fit. That one seemed to take place in a future WAY beyond the rest of the show, when the entire world population is in a voluntary version of the Matrix generating power.

And yo, I was thinking some shyt about the fourth episode. Imagine a domestic terrorist like Eric Rudolph on some overboard religious shyt trying to blow that place up to "free their souls" or something.

That would be a dope episode

At the end, they were basically "Cookies", right? Imagine an ending where the Tucker corporation goes bankrupt and hires :smugdraper:from the White Christmas episode to help them liquidate some of their assets for quick cash :why:. (Though one of the news tickers in a season 3 episode said something about a movement to grant "Cookies" human rights).

Son you're missing the theme of the episode. The main guy seemed like a victim throughout. Kid was being blackmailed for doing something fairly mundane but that anyone, particularly an awkward kid like him would freak out if posted publicly. So you feel bad for him. Bron was also somewhat sympathetic because yea, cheating is wrong but he hadn't actually done it yet and you didn't want to see him lose his family over that. The people pulling the strings were wrong, evil and taking advantage of normal people for financial gain. However that only works IF everyone absolutely did their part. You can't assume an average guy would rather rob a bank than fess up to an online affair to his wife. You can't assume a kid would rather rob a bank and risk being shot or imprisoned to avoid a jerk off video of him going public (rather common these days anyway). You have to be sure they'll comply no matter what. That's why the reveal that the guy in the woods was a pedo mattered. The money wasn't for the gain of the person texting them, it was 'prize money'. They were both willing to fight to the death not because of some slight embarrassment or even potential break ups but because their lives would literally be ruined if people found out what they were. The point was that NONE of those guys were sympathetic or victims, they were ALL unsympathetic which is why they ALL did what they were told. The black dude's woman was asking him 'is that you've become? A dirty, sick, disgusting, pervert? Is that what you are?' (checked the subtitles). The white chick was a racist. If all Bron is is a cheater its out of line with everyone else who clearly have some evil, irredeemable traits

I actually thought that one of the themes of the series was that some people are punished WAY out of proportion to the crimes they committed. For example, I think a "fair" punishment for the girl in White Bear might be to go through ONE loop, not a repeating series of loops until the crowd watching her gets bored of the entertainment value and the "Justice Park" stops generating profit from ticket sales.

Or how Don Draper didn't get punished for turning AI Kunta Kentes into Tobys and pretty much got off from showing indifference to someone getting poisoned, but they got him on VOYUERISM and the punishment was to be blocked by the entire world and marked for life as if he were a rapist.

And the guy from Playtest? He didn't call Mom back :mjcry:

Why the fukk didn't they wear headphones :what:
I was thinking the same thing...until the bee went up that girl's nose :huhldup:

One moment from the "Shut up and Dance" episode that I didn't see discussed:
When the kid washed his hands after getting caught on the webcam, he smells his fingers. Exactly WHAT did they catch him on camera doing :scust::sitdown:??

• Dap
Reactions: hex

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
So I have seen all the episodes except one (the one with the soldiers) and I have to say my top two favorites are

The National Anthem (season 1 episode 1)
Hated In the Nation

Simply because I can see both of these happening in the future. Black Mirror has alot of fukkerry but these were believable fukkery if that makes sense.

The national anthem had depravity but that is what the PM was willing to do just to stay in power. And how certain people are more important than others in society.

Hated In the Nation was beyond amazing. Someone here said it was like a movie and I agree. So many topics (drones, AI insects, the extermination of honey bees, NSA, the twitter universe, twitter trending, hackers) covered in this episode and how they could go wrong.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
So I have seen all the episodes except one (the one with the soldiers) and I have to say my top two favorites are

Hated In the Nation

Simply because I can see both of these happening in the future. Black Mirror has alot of fukkerry but these were believable fukkery if that makes sense.

The national anthem had depravity but that is what the PM was willing to do just to stay in power. And how certain people are more important than others in society.

Hated In the Nation was beyond amazing. Someone here said it was like a movie and I agree. So many topics (drones, AI insects, the extermination of honey bees, NSA, the twitter universe, twitter trending, hackers) covered in this episode and how they could go wrong.

The bestiality did actually happen in real life :francis:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Hated In the Nation

giphy.gif

Knew you'd like this shyt. It's my top favorite from the series too. Somewhere in this thread and I gave it an 11/10. :wow:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
giphy.gif

Knew you'd like this shyt. It's my top favorite from the series too. Somewhere in this thread and I gave it an 11/10. :wow:

I not allowed to rep you for some reason :beli: but here is an imaginary rep to you breh. :obama:

I think we have similar tastes, feel free to mention me a recommendation of something you like and I will watch it.

Hated in the Nation was the GOAT Black Mirror episode, I don't give a fukk what anybody says.