Black men...where are we finding community outside of the church and fraternities?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This is what happened when I tried to go to a "safe space" for Black men. Never again :childplease:

Man yall gotta be the weakest generation of black men in recorded history. If I told my dad “I tried to go to a safe space for black men” he’d call me a fukking fakkit and tell me to get the fukk out his face :mjlol:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Serious question. And no the Coli isn't a real answer, though it helps.

A lot of us seem to be living lives of isolation...outside of the church and fraternities, there's not a ton of structure for us to meet & network with other black men who are productive members of society.

If you live or move away from where you grew up due to work or pursuing opportunity, it can be a pretty isolating experience. This is probably getting worse due to remote work as well. As someone who's not religious, no longer lives close to childhood friends, and never pledged, essentially 100% of my black friends & associates post-college are through my work network & work-driven affinity groups.

Another thing is...church and fraternity involvement were great screening functions filtering out people who were either morally/ethically lost, or weren't interested in community. I myself look back at not joining a black frat as the worst thing I've done for my overall wellbeing as a black man in America. I was young and on my individualistic shyt in college, and never had family to frame the benefits of fraternities for me.

So...where are we finding the community these days? What's working for yall to stay connected?
One of the consistent top 5 enemies according to general TLR consensus is "The Boule".
So, I have to laugh at this subject being brought up. Not laughing at YOU, just that the topic is being discussed.
Boule was ahead of the curve in addressing all the things you brought up here.

What I suggested to my nephew who is going through this right now is to follow and expand the natural potential networks based on your lifestyle and interests.

-Decent parents attend Parent Teacher conferences, and you will meet other Black fathers there
-Check local Black Media for cultural events and attend those that fit your interests
-Join and attend events from an industry trade group for whatever your profession is

Through the course of a year, you will see some of the same faces again. And you have at least one thing in common with the other Black men there

Daps
Join a boxing, mma or bjj gym you looking for male friendships. I agree though shyt gets lonely the older you get.

Edit; what op is saying is true as hell and is a serious issue. For white people they can easily move across the country where they know nobody and easily network with likeminded cacs. For us it’s way harder and communities for black dudes is harder to find

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

A lot of us seem to be living lives of isolation...outside of the church and fraternities, there's not a ton of structure for us to meet & network with other black men who are productive members of society.

If you live or move away from where you grew up due to work or pursuing opportunity, it can be a pretty isolating experience. This is probably getting worse due to remote work as well. As someone who's not religious, no longer lives close to childhood friends, and never pledged, essentially 100% of my black friends & associates post-college are through my work network & work-driven affinity groups.

Another thing is...church and fraternity involvement were great screening functions filtering out people who were either morally/ethically lost, or weren't interested in community. I myself look back at not joining a black frat as the worst thing I've done for my overall wellbeing as a black man in America. I was young and on my individualistic shyt in college, and never had family to frame the benefits of fraternities for me.

So...where are we finding the community these days? What's working for yall to stay connected?
They're in isolation because nobody wants to be around these weirdo nikkas. Ain't nobody trying to hear "she must be a bed wench :scust:" every time a bad bytch walk by when we're at the cigar lounge.

I've talked to enough of these nikkas in person to realize that anywhere from 70-90% of the men on thecoli are on the spectrum :francis:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
We have to turn back to The Most High and repent, turn away from our sins, and seperate ourselves from these other ppl. The black community as a secular entity is on it’s very last legs. Not to mention what’s about to befall the nations. It’ll probably be glaringly noticeable by August. I hope not tho.
Ain't nobody coming back to save you breh. You're gonna have to fight your battles on your own, just like everyone else on the planet.

hr3SEkE.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Hate to be that guy but there are a lot of egos, jealousy and envy out there. Once someone sees you doing better they withhold information. Or they withhold information to get the upper hand then shyt on you because of their upbringing. Some people will lend a hand just to see what you got. I would say family but they hurt you the most just because you came out the same vagina doesn't mean shyt.

A lot of people get rich and don't want to tell you how so they can stun on you.. they really don't want competition especially you.

Fake motivation be out here. They motivating by stunt on you "I'm doing this to motivate but the never give you solid instructions to get it like they did. If they do its too late or outdated."

Our "culture" adds fuel to the fire.

You are better off meeting people who are into self development and can humble themselves. Where idk breh.

I said this before with brehs getting broads and sharing legit advice to get women. Some dudes be selfish as hell seeing another breh improving themselves

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man yall gotta be the weakest generation of black men in recorded history. If I told my dad “I tried to go to a safe space for black men” he’d call me a fukking fakkit and tell me to get the fukk out his face :mjlol:

I live in a very white city. I thought it was a place for brothas to chop it up but it became something else.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

I'm not gon lie, I came to that realization when I was on my way out of church. I basically hijacked my Sunday School class for a month, asking all these questions and finally came to the realization that I just don't believe it anymore. So the teacher asked, "So why do you keep coming?" -- and that's where the sense of community kicked in a way I hadn't acknowledged. I went to a pretty great church. Lots of successful, well to do Black people. Wasn't a Creflo Dollar/TD Jakes type of mega church either.

I wound up finding community in this bookstore, but I'll probably go back to church if/when I get married and have kids. Literally for the community though. I wonder sometimes if that's what keeps some men going.