“Black men, please be a mentor. These boys out here are hurting. They need you.”

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
My dad was a mentor 15 years ago to a few teenagers and I salute him cause some of them will test your patience and you gotta have thick skin.

Afer that he worked in JOB CORPS for a few years and did his best to turn some of them demonic teenagers around. He always told me crazy stories.

He dealt with all that stress and didn't lose 1 inch of his hairline. :wow:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
My dad was a mentor 15 years ago to a few teenagers and I salute him cause some of them will test your patience and you gotta have thick skin.

Afer that he worked in JOB CORPS for a few years and did his best to turn some of them demonic teenagers around. He always told me crazy stories.

He dealt with all that stress and didn't lose 1 inch of his hairline. :wow:
Salute to your pops.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
ma'am, I need you to listen very carefully to what I'm about to say ...

ks.png

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There should be no single mothers engaging in that conversation.
Why. No one here is saying you should drop what you're doing and become a surrogate father for the child of a single mother. But I'm not aware of any respected community leader from the past who said black men should only be an example of leadership and stability for black boys who have both parents.

I go to the Boys & Girls Club and volunteer. I speak at local schools sometimes. At no point do I say "before I lend my time, I ask that if you don't have a father in the home you please leave the room" lol. I'm not trying to be anyone's daddy or over extend myself. But if I can build a computer, do a puzzle, or play chess with a black boy while giving him some good advice why would I reject someone based on their mom's relationship status? If I can write a college enrollment letter of recommendation for a kid who I've helped at a community center - which I've done before - why would I say "sorry I can't write a letter if your daddy isn't in the home."

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah I'm straight, have their pops take care of that :mjgrin:

lol bytches need to stop being whores. Marry before you carry. That said Mentorship for boys becoming men entering their professions is needed, but whores tend to use that word as code word for. "simps clean up my mistake".