Black Men In Chicago Are Taking Over Abandoned Property & Rebuilding The Neighborhood

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I don't want to put too much out there but... the $ will be there soon, keep your eyes and ears open for a "Community Plan" from National Community Reinvestment Coalition.

Where I'm at we are looking to train folks how to repair homes in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city (it's a ghetto now). They'll be trained by members of different trade unions and will be able to get loans to buy the houses that they've learned how to repair. Maintenance and relatively stable financial health (that waxes and wanes based on the economy) has always been a barrier for
Breh there have been organizations for the past 50 years attempting to do similar projects and they always seem to fail because the resources are never there to carry it out til the end. There are 1000s of grass root organizations who are doing so much community service but can barely keep the lights on in the building while keeping bills good at home, or they ran to get 501c3 certified thinking they would eat good off state funding but all over the country governors cut funding leaving these organizations assed out, in Illinois soon after being elected the governor cut millions to these community services.

I'm saying all that to say I hope anyone moving forward is doing it differently and I would love to hear the business model.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Blacks in Detriot need to do this and FAST!
After Katrina a couple of dudes from my block went out and bought wood planks and started boarding up houses in Detroit that had been abandoned for years. The city shut them down. My cousin was one of the fellas who organized it shyt was on the news and everything

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The issue with atlanta is a ton of these properties are owned by janky investors sitting on them. For example English Avenue in atl probably has the most "bandos" in the city and one man owns 70% of them. I wish there was a process where if these properties arent maintained then the city has the right to snatch the properties. The issue though them you would have a ton of properties that they arent collecting tax revenue on.

You are arguing for the government to have the right to steal private property.
Now I want you to recognize the government's ability to steal property outright is what the government has used historically to destroy black communities.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
After Katrina a couple of dudes from my block went out and bought wood planks and started boarding up houses in Detroit that had been abandoned for years. The city shut them down. My cousin was one of the fellas who organized it shyt was on the news and everything

Did they own the houses? if not, they weren't doing anything but trespassing and stealing.
Good intentions don't excuse crime.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Did they own the houses? if not, they weren't doing anything but trespassing and stealing.
Good intentions don't excuse crime.
:dahell:
These were abandoned houses that just caused blight and led to squatters and dope houses. They didn't steal anything, we would just board up the doors and windows since the city wouldn't after numerous requests. I was like 15 at the time so I don't helped two weekends but they did it for about 5.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
These were abandoned houses that just caused blight and led to squatters and dope houses. They didn't steal anything, we would just board up the doors and windows since the city wouldn't after numerous requests. I was like 15 at the time so I don't helped two weekends but they did it for about 5.

Did they own the houses yes or no?

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh there have been organizations for the past 50 years attempting to do similar projects and they always seem to fail because the resources are never there to carry it out til the end. There are 1000s of grass root organizations who are doing so much community service but can barely keep the lights on in the building while keeping bills good at home, or they ran to get 501c3 certified thinking they would eat good off state funding but all over the country governors cut funding leaving these organizations assed out, in Illinois soon after being elected the governor cut millions to these community services.

I'm saying all that to say I hope anyone moving forward is doing it differently and I would love to hear the business model.

I feel it for sure, I'm always wary too.

There are a couple of big bank mergers happening and as a part of the agreement they had to put up money for certain projects that community organizers and power brokers worked on. the agreement that I have a copy of includes over a billion in community reinvestment.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I feel it for sure, I'm always wary too.

There are a couple of big bank mergers happening and as a part of the agreement they had to put up money for certain projects that community organizers and power brokers worked on. the agreement that I have a copy of includes over a billion in community reinvestment.
yea its that kind of budget that is needed to really make a difference

i cant tell yall how many "investment groups" i have been apart of that have these initial meetings, that tell you about backings from banks or credit unions then 2 months later they coming with they hands out wanting you to drop 5 grand or 10% of some FHA loan and the next thing you know its like someone just selling you a house. smh.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nope. Just a couple of men who had kids and wanted to clean up their city.

Yeah, I love the sentiment of wanting to do something to help, but if you don't own a house, you have no right to be there, and I think whatever good you are trying to do is dimenished by the wrong you are doing in appropriating something that doesn't belong to you.

That is just the principle I live my life on.