Black Men In Chicago Are Taking Over Abandoned Property & Rebuilding The Neighborhood

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
If this was posted already, my bad:mjgrin:
EAR HUSTLE
Black Men In Chicago Are Taking Over Abandoned Property & Rebuilding The Neighborhood With The Youth By Creating Their Own Jobs
9341bf922a72c6c3512d04a2e9dd6ce0

ByCee Cee
Posted on September 14, 2016
FACEBOOKTWITTERGOOGLE+PINTERESTTUMBLR
chicago-black-men2.jpg

Chicago, Illinois – Black men are demanding the city help them with the resources to help rebuild the community. These men are literally in the process of taking over abandoned property and training at risk youth to help fix up the properties that the city is trying to demolish.

Many of the properties are generally in pretty decent condition as far as the frame being solid brick and these men are saying they are not going to allow the city to tear down perfectly good homes.

14354975_10154537658752884_4739406856744282791_n.jpg

A lot of the homes are boarded up and abandoned due to subprime lending where the Lenders/Bankers sucked the resources out of certain communities, left them in total disarray, foreclosed on the properties and resold many of them for pennies on the dollar to Hedge Fund Investors.

14359218_10154537658747884_5793569380221114960_n.jpg

This happened by way if issuing Interest only mortgages where the borrower paid only the interest and no principal and when the term was up, they were forced to pay interest plus principle which the majority was unable to do therefore losing their properties while hedge fund investors bet against the people and walked away with tons of properties.

These investors slowly take over certain areas which are considered prime real estate and move the minorities out and gentrify the neighborhoods.

14317427_10154537658812884_7585054343742964350_n.jpg

The men called on Alderman Michael Scott 24th Ward, Alderman Jason Ervin 28th Ward, and Alderman Walter Burnett 27th Ward and all the Aldermen across the city to help them make this happen.

The group said they are going all over the city and taking over the 20,000 properties that are sitting idle waiting to be torn down.

14322669_10154537658922884_7451701431660646470_n.jpg

They then said that the people in the community want the buildings demolished however they don’t realize that for every building that is demolished, property taxes goes up.

The spokesperson Mark Carter said NHS, CIC and Globe Trotters organizations were supposed to help their parents and grandparents but instead they allowed the city to demolish their homes.

14225613_10154537658992884_3181367453613545594_n.jpg

The men said the Mayor and Alderman sit back and watch these children get murdered in the communities and they refuse to sit back and do nothing about it.

14355640_10154537659007884_3962803100081900619_n.jpg

He said they are demanding the resources be given to them and they can rebuild themselves.

Check out the video:
http://earhustle411.com/black-men-c...-rebuilding-neighborhood-youth-creating-jobs/

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Blacks in Detriot need to do this and FAST!
As well as Baltimore, St. Louis, outlying Black areas of Atlanta, and in Cleveland/East Cleveland.
This is absolutely fantastic.
There need to be organizations that can help keep this up, the government and a lot of multinational corporations give out grants for projects that "innovate" if you can add a "Smart City" aspect to this rebuilding, there could be millions in potential help here.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As well as Baltimore, St. Louis, outlying Black areas of Atlanta, and in Cleveland/East Cleveland.
This is absolutely fantastic.
There need to be organizations that can help keep this up, the government and a lot of multinational corporations give out grants for projects that "innovate" if you can add a "Smart City" aspect to this rebuilding, there could be millions in potential help here.
The issue with atlanta is a ton of these properties are owned by janky investors sitting on them. For example English Avenue in atl probably has the most "bandos" in the city and one man owns 70% of them. I wish there was a process where if these properties arent maintained then the city has the right to snatch the properties. The issue though them you would have a ton of properties that they arent collecting tax revenue on.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The issue with atlanta is a ton of these properties are owned by janky investors sitting on them. For example English Avenue in atl probably has the most "bandos" in the city and one man owns 70% of them. I wish there was a process where if these properties arent maintained then the city has the right to snatch the properties. The issue though them you would have a ton of properties that they arent collecting tax revenue on.
They could set up an "abatement" system, I believe there is one in certain sections of Dacula, and I know of it's existence in a number of suburbs here in the MidWest.
The city can tax/fine unmaintained properties into oblivion, then either seize the property or fine the mortgage company so much they oft-sell it to the city.
Helps keep property values up, and rewards property upkeep.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Too late lol
Yup.
White people moving back from the burbs started buying and rehabbing, but the chinese caught wind and came through and made a killing. A few black folks who were on point def got in on the money, but you would have had to have money/sense to invest or get involved with programs that helped people buy up those homes.

*edit*
I'm from chicago and I made a lil money investing on flipping some detroit property like 7 years ago with some family there.

I have bunch of family in flint too, homes are still dirt cheap there, but I don't see it coming back anytime soon enough to invest.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They could set up an "abatement" system, I believe there is one in certain sections of Dacula, and I know of it's existence in a number of suburbs here in the MidWest.
The city can tax/fine unmaintained properties into oblivion, then either seize the property or fine the mortgage company so much they oft-sell it to the city.
Helps keep property values up, and rewards property upkeep.

True. I know dude was taken to court and given a short jail sentance because there were a ton of cases od dead bodies being found on his properties.

I know in many cities if a bando is owned by the city you can write them a letter and they will sell it to you for a dollar, and you just pay the taxes and such as needed.

I could buy a street in ATL right now but Im not trying to get into this stuff until I can aford whats needed to maintain/rehab these properties.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Definition of real nikka sh*t, what needs to happen is to reject TIF money. If every working black person in Chicago gave $1/week, they could rebuild all these properties. When there's will and unity and organization money isn't needed. Always remember whoever feeds you has power over you, learn to feed yourself.