Black men, do you really like cutting your hair?

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I can feel the power already :ahh:
super-saiyan-4-o.gif

When do I get reps doe :ohhh:

soon...very soon :demonic:

Ghost Like Swayze

Giving your girl private pottery classes :umad:
Daps
Reppin
AfterLife
cut my hair once a year to eighteen months. Been doing it since I was around 15. Rest of the time just get my edges tightened up. It really isn't as much effort as some you guys are making out :manny:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Yall some conk :skip: ass niccas, tahlmbout, "if I could take a year or 2 off work..."

:rudy:
I dont miss the barber shop. :rudy:
Them flockas go HAAAAAARD overseas too. :mjpls:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I have curly hair and pretty much just trim my hair with scissors...pretty much every other morning...but I use clippers for shaping my edges.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I cut it cause I look better with it low and it's also easier to wash.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I hate it, i got to do it every week or I'll have a sunroof on my head

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
there are 3 ways to get greened up in this replife

1. make a thread or a post mentioning a bunch of nikkas deep off in the rep game: @colicolicoli @James Carter @villain @O RLY @Illeye buckmatic

2. go in a popular thread thats doing numbers and just derail it asking nikkas for green :blessed:

3. or join #SOHHICEY the greatest, most powerful and most influential group ever assembled in SOHH/Coli history :birdman:
what happened to the thread from earlier? :lupe:

Last edited by a moderator:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
low fade and bald head looks better on black men :manny:

I keep mines short or sometimes go bald

low fades do look better on black men then any other men in the world. just like facial hair looks better on black men then any other men in the world(which is a big reason why non blacks sometimes frown upon black men who do facial hair.)

so thats why we rock it and look good doing it. at the same token a nice dreaded up look could work as well, as long as they are neat. but that will take a long time to get them to that point. same with the FRO. if you keep it neat. its a good look. its all how you want to rock it.

personally its a low fade for me cause i dont want to go to the barber to get my Fro trimmed up. especially during the early stages where its to long to brush but to short to truthfully comb. yall know what i'm talking about. that needs to be trimmed not with clippers. but with scissors(old men barbers are great at this). i cut my own head with clippers but i aint nice with the shears, i've been doing clipping my own wig since forever. so i refuse to pay the shop $20+.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I look better with as low as a cut as possible without going bald.

Never tried having dreads and it takes too long to grow a fro

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have dreads and I have a decent job. Had them when I got hired. Always wear them in a ponytail but whatever. :manny:

Not too concerned with whether some white person feels threatened by my hair or something. :childplease:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I always wonder why its seem as being beneficial for us to keep a low fade or something that looks like its neat and trimmed.

I can't think of any other culture or demographic that has to live up to such a standard outside of the military.

I know dreds and afros would get some people fired.

I have been growing out my hair recently, and I will tell you some of the issues:

1) Nikkas quick to diss you if you don't have a lined up fade.

2) God forbid your hair isn't super nappy, you will get a lot of nikkas talkin' sh*t to you like you soft, you have Mo Cheek/Deron Williams or even Fabolous type curly dominican hair (my hair's like Fab), nikkaz will get at you.

3) In general, corporate culture, it's easier to get along with short hair. If you have an afro, you will get black power salute along with the :smugfavre: face. If you have loose curls, you will get a lot of stares and annoying questions about your background. Basically in the corporate world short hair keeps you from standing out.

Black men take pride in their hair, you can see that, maintaining your waves is just as time consuming as maintaining an afro, it has nothing to do with time, and everything to do with social environment. Dope thread by the way.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i would prefer to rock my hair like this
CorbinBleucurlyhairstyle.jpg

or this

bruno-mars-new-album-aiming-for-top-five-debut-on-billboard-200.jpg

but apparently neither are accepted in many work places. the first takes a while to get to and looks eh in between phases. but the bytches be rubbin their finger thru it and love it i think i might bring it back :ahh:

*waits for non good hair nikkas to neg me: :lolbron:

edit: i still got the natural pomp going though :ehh: