Black Man in Brazil Beaten and Dreadlocks Cut Off By Police

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they have to continue fightings. there really aint shyt we can do for them over here except sign some online petitions or send money. we in this bytch fighting to.

iwas talking to my man the other day about trying to get a job .. and i told him my plan and he was like "yea but you gotta remember you black man .." and i was like ...... :wow: ... yea you right ... he got a college degree man he gets phone interviews all the time and steady getting praised and asked to come in 2 hours after the phone call ..but when he shows up to the office for the first face to face he starts getting the run around, longer response times an shyt and he just forgets about it like fukk it.

Daps
they have to continue fightings. there really aint shyt we can do for them over here except sign some online petitions or send money. we in this bytch fighting to.

iwas talking to my man the other day about trying to get a job .. and i told him my plan and he was like "yea but you gotta remember you black man .." and i was like ...... :wow: ... yea you right ... he got a college degree man he gets phone interviews all the time and steady getting praised and asked to come in 2 hours after the phone call ..but when he shows up to the office for the first face to face he starts getting the run around, longer response times an shyt and he just forgets about it like fukk it.

I was watching a doc on growing up in Brazil, the classism/racist is :wow: worthy. It's like looking into two different countries but it's one.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Why would I want a thread about Italians? Give me one about Germans :blessed:

boris-kodjoe-22.jpg
:lolbron:

Uh..his father is african...specifically Ghana...dont hate on my land and respect it

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing New.. Brazil is 54% black and has more blacks in the world outside of africa

and The Black Brazilians in brazil get treated like blacks in america.

I checked the statistics:

" According to the 2010 census, there are 14 517 961 Afro Brazilians, which make up 7.61% of Brazil's population, although a larger number of Brazilians have some degree of African ancestry.[22]"

Where did you get 54% breh? You mean the number of people mixed with black? It's probably higher than 54%, but then you'd be talking about a lot of these white looking racists too.

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Wow thats crazy. The police here DO NOT play though. On independence day, they were throwing gas bombs at protesters, shooting at them (with those rubber pellet things I assume), it was nuts.
you're in brazil? and youre from mo county? :krs: did we just become best friends

what city are you in :lupe:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Nothing New.. Brazil is 54% black and has more blacks in the world outside of africa

and The Black Brazilians in brazil get treated like blacks in america.

The problem with this is Brazil doesn't engage in the same racial politics as Americans. Every other country acknowledges mixed raced heritage. Brazil tried to enact Affirmative action and you had people like
Meghan-Markle-11.jpg

Trying to claim they were "black" for entrance into higher education. Of course they gave them the :rudy: which is true for the most part. Would she be considered black in America? Possibly just like Paula Patton and Colin Kaepernick. We ignore(black and white) mixed raced heritage for the most part. That's why you have so many threads on Dominicans and Puerto Ricans and how they identify. Identifying as their nationality implies they are acknowledging their mixed raced heritage. We don't get that though.

I checked the statistics:

" According to the 2010 census, there are 14 517 961 Afro Brazilians, which make up 7.61% of Brazil's population, although a larger number of Brazilians have some degree of African ancestry.[22]"

Where did you get 54% breh? You mean the number of people mixed with black? It's probably higher than 54%, but then you'd be talking about a lot of these white looking racists too.

Read post above.