Black Man in Brazil Beaten and Dreadlocks Cut Off By Police

Daps
Hello OAB when a Rasta is arrested, the first torture and aggression after detainment is cutting their hair. Is it Constitutional? Another guy was arrested for political reasons, now in Belo Horizonte. It is, Markim Cardoso, I have warned, that racism is making a comeback. Cutting the hair of us blacks is a secular action of slaveholders and racists. They don’t only want to beat us, they want to capture our soul. Now they prohibit masks (1), but our activism and black hair have been prohibited for a long time. It’s a question for the OAB (Ordemdos Advogados doBrasil or Brazilian Lawyer’s Guild). Is it legal to forcibly cut hair that is part of our body and our identity? Can you file lawsuits for compensation and for moral and physical damages?

FREE LEONARDO!! RACIST AND FASCIST MILITARY POLICE!!!

by Markin Cardoso

Our comrade Leonardo Martins was arrested and beaten by dozens of cowardly military police, on the morning of September 7 (Brazil’s Independence Day), at Praça da Liberdade during the anti-military demonstration. Leo was attacked by about 6 police (ALL WHITE) who beat him with batons. Léo, badly wounded, was dragged by his dreads and tortured for minutes on end, to be placed inside a vehicle that had left the area without giving further details.

Leonardo was missing for hours without the right to a lawyer or contact with friends and family. At night we discovered that he was in the police station of the JK building in Belo Horizonte, close to 60 others detained. Most of the detained were released overnight, but 16 of them were still under arrested and charged with “conspiracy”, “contempt of authority” and “resisting arrest”, Léo is among them.

These charges from the PMMG (Polícia Militar de Minas Gerais or Military Police of Minas Gerais) are absurd lies and we know very well that Leonardo is being arrested because he is a BLACK FIGHTER!

Léo is a history student at UFMG (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais/Federal University of Minas Gerais) and is active in the Movimento Negro (black movement) of Minas Gerais. He participates in the Coletivo de Estudantes Negros (Collective of Black Students) at UFMG, CEN (Coletivo de Entidades Negras (CEN or Collective of Black Entities), and his arrest, torture and beatings were arbitrary and are ACTS OF EXPLICIT RACISM of police (WHICH WERE ALL WHITE) who arrested him.

Leonardo is now stuck in CERESP (Centro de Remanejamento dos Presos OR Center of Relocation of Prisoners), WHERE HE HAD DREADS FORCIBLY CUT and is quarantined. Which means he will not able to receive any visits for 30 days.

http://blackwomenofbrazil.co/2013/0...f-by-police-during-independence-day-protests/
Came across this on twitter. A little hard to read but you get the point.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't blame them, I would of beaten that fakkit ass nikkas ass as well.

Super sweet looking ass, with a lip piercing.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I can make one if you like
Why would I want a thread about Italians? Give me one about Germans :blessed:

boris-kodjoe-22.jpg
:lolbron:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
try to provoke thoughtful race discussions and spark revolutions through the internet brehs, and effectively have your attempt be stamped out by folks who are living a good life and things like this dont mean shyt to them until it happens to a family member close to them or themselves brehs,