Black Lightning Season 4 Official Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
That was hard to watch
Lil Jazzy going through some things:mjcry:

Yeah, just watched it. I know she came from a religious background, with her and sisters. It sounds at times like she direction from God to move her life/career towards a more spiritual path, if that is the journey she feels she needs to take that's good. She's been in the industry since she was young, on Disney and House of Payne (which is where I first saw her).

But it also seems like there is personal relationship stuff she is dealing with as well. Didn't seem to be any issues on the show, she shouted out Jordan and the possible Painkiller spin-off and how she liked The CW, Salim, and the crew.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Most CW shows are terrible but if arrow got all those seasons renewed after that pants shyttingly bad season 3 why this not getting more? It seems people here fukked with it:patrice:

Because Arrow’s ratings have always been higher than BL even after the drop started in season 4. Even then, they were still always in the top 5 along with The Flash when it came to pirated shows in all of television/cable.

Unfortunately, BL was never a ratings hit. Riverdale has never been either, but they are huge on Netflix, so that makes up for it. Dynasty is only still on air because it makes money overseas.

Now I do question why it’s getting cancelled over LOT as it’s ratings aren’t better either, although that’s likely getting cancelled after next season as well.:patrice:

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah, just watched it. I know she came from a religious background, with her and sisters. It sounds at times like she direction from God to move her life/career towards a more spiritual path, if that is the journey she feels she needs to take that's good. She's been in the industry since she was young, on Disney and House of Payne (which is where I first saw her).

But it also seems like there is personal relationship stuff she is dealing with as well. Didn't seem to be any issues on the show, she shouted out Jordan and the possible Painkiller spin-off and how she liked The CW, Salim, and the crew.

I wonder does that mean she is leaving HOP as well as they are both filmed in Atlanta.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I had my complaints about the show last season but it was nowhere near as bad as the fall off from the likes of Arrow and Flash. I understand those are more popular superheroes but come on man. This show deserves more than 4 seasons. It was an overall great show and covered a lot of real life issues in the black community. The music should not have been an issue since Warner owned all of it. The music was one of the highlights of the show. Real talk it was better than most of that other predictable trash from those other CW shows but we know how it goes whne it comes to "us" getting chances. Any dip in ratings or lull they ready to cancel shyt.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I'm thinking CW wanted them to move to Canada and got resistance probably from Cress Williams, that with China leaving the show, they probably just decided to end it
Plus CW probably thinking we got plenty of Black representation on the network so you can't get on us too bad with Blackwoman, All American, etc.
I'm sure Painkiller will move to Canada for this job and maybe they can get Nafessa to join him even though she probably could join a bigger show
Nafessa's profile seems to be the biggest from the show so she will probably try for something on the bigger networks

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
- for me the 2nd season was my least favorite of the series.
- last season started slow but the build up to the finale was :ohlawd:
- odell was the mvp of the season, hitting the pierces with the :ufdup: all season
- they had great battles with painkiller vs thunder
Painkiller vs wayne brady
And black lightning vs brady
- its a damn shame cuz i feel they were starting to really build something with that show. :snoop:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm thinking CW wanted them to move to Canada and got resistance probably from Cress Williams, that with China leaving the show, they probably just decided to end it
Plus CW probably thinking we got plenty of Black representation on the network so you can't get on us too bad with Blackwoman, All American, etc.
I'm sure Painkiller will move to Canada for this job and maybe they can get Nafessa to join him even though she probably could join a bigger show
Nafessa's profile seems to be the biggest from the show so she will probably try for something on the bigger networks

I was thinking the same thing. I always felt that the show being filmed in Atlanta instead of Vancouver would eventually become a problem. That was why I never believed that the show would last past season 4-5. If I believe correctly, the producers wanted no part of Vancouver or even wanted BL to be apart of the Arrowverse. They also loathe Batman with a burning passion as well for some reason :mjlol:

I think it was the only CW show that wasn't filmed in Vancouver (not counting Stargirl)

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I loved the show, but I’d rather see it end early than become a shell of its self and tarnish its legacy because it ran too long. Hopefully Painkiller keeps a lot of the same elements and themes, because there aren’t too many shows that are unapologetically black the way Black Lightning is.

Funny how a lot of posters here in the film room especially complain about not having a Masculine, intelligent, heroic black male who loves his family be portrayed in mainstream cinema/television and here we have one and its all “he’s boring and corny” complaints and bytching:unimpressed:

Very interesting indeed:mjpls:

Haven't watched this show yet but I'm feeling this reply.

Altered Carbon season 2 is the black sci-fi show people claim they wanted for years but got 50-11 excuses as to why they didn't/won't watch. :francis:

Some folks just love to complain. You’ll never be able to please them regardless of what you do.

If you make a hood show people are crying, “Why do they always portray us negatively :damn:

If you make a wholesome family show those same people are screaming, “This show is whitewashed and corny, it’s not the real black experience :damn:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Forgot that show had returned. Maybe it is done filming or will be soon.

Since TP prefers to film a certain number of episodes over a matter of weeks, I wonder could he convince her somehow to stay on a reduced schedule. Didn’t he film like 19 episodes of Sistas or one of his shows in a matter of 4 days?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Since TP prefers to film a certain number of episodes over a matter of weeks, I wonder could he convince her somehow to stay on a reduced schedule. Didn’t he film like 19 episodes of Sistas or one of his shows in a matter of 4 days?

Yup. I haven't checked out the revival of the show, but she could possibly be written out if her character wasn't a big part.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Great show.

I'm disappointed, but at the same token I'm thankful for a 3 (soon to be 4) solid seasons that showcase strong black characters and good storylines. I really, really love this show.

I'm glad they know this is the end so they can wrap things up appropriately, rather than us getting left with a cliffhanger.

And with the Painkiller spinoff, the Black Lightning legacy will live on :blessed: