Black Lightning Season 4 Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas in here saying the show is trash gotta be corn field white boys :mjlol:

Some of y'all pink mothafukkas just need to post a pic or get the fukk off this site

That's what I'm saying.... show had a vibe.... it wasn't a masterpiece but it most certainly wasn't trash......

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show has been garbage since season 1.

So you never liked the show to begin with?
he's not a good writer

his wife is tho

but I couldn't get into this show
scooter was a horrible Black Lightening
it was just another sappy CW superhero show

Do you like any of the CW superhero shows?

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you never liked the show to begin with?

Do you like any of the CW superhero shows?

I watched all the CW arrow verse shows. Black lightening was definitely weak from the very start. It definitely benefitted from people wanting to watch because it had black characters but the storylines were weak. The overly preachiness and the corniness of the show were apparent all of season 1. I tried to give all of the arrow verse shows a chance. Arrow was great season 1, half of season 2, fell off until season 5, then fell off again. Flash had a great first season, then fell apart in season 2 and never recovered. Black lightening, Legends, supergirl and star girl were all trash from jump.

I try to give all superhero shows on TV a show but the quality of BL wasn’t there. It was reflected in the writing.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched all the CW arrow verse shows. Black lightening was definitely weak from the very start. It definitely benefitted from people wanting to watch because it had black characters but the storylines were weak. The overly preachiness and the corniness of the show were apparent all of season 1. I tried to give all of the arrow verse shows a chance. Arrow was great season 1, half of season 2, fell off until season 5, then fell off again. Flash had a great first season, then fell apart in season 2 and never recovered. Black lightening, Legends, supergirl and star girl were all trash from jump.

I try to give all superhero shows on TV a show but the quality of BL wasn’t there. It was reflected in the writing.

I liked BL. Wasn't perfect but the it had a vibe that's hard to explain. And Tobias Whale was a dope villain.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
If we’re keeping it 100, BL ratings have been terrible even during the first season. At the one point Arrow and The Flash had the highest ratings on the CW. That was never the case with BL.

You also have to remember that the show is produced in Atlanta compared to other CW shows produced in Vancouver. So cost likely played a factor as well.
:ehh:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Funny how a lot of posters here in the film room especially complain about not having a Masculine, intelligent, heroic black male who loves his family be portrayed in mainstream cinema/television and here we have one and its all “he’s boring and corny” complaints and bytching:unimpressed:

Very interesting indeed:mjpls:
Oh you saw it too? I'm just reading some of these comments like "oh that's how you been feeling?"

tenor.gif

I'm not too surprised it's ending, I'm only surprised because this will be the first of the Arrowverse shows that ends early.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Oh you saw it too? I'm just reading some of these comments like "oh that's how you been feeling?"

tenor.gif

I'm not too surprised it's ending, I'm only surprised because this will be the first of the Arrowverse shows that ends early.

The Painkiller spinoff will end even earlier if it’s greenlit tbh. That’s why I wish they had the rights to do a SS series as I think that’d have more of a chance to succeed.