Black Iraqis have been invisible for a long time. Their vibrant culture and struggle must be recognized.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
The same could be said about you :yeshrug:Did you or did you not come into this thread rejecting solidarity without knowing anything about these people?
I came in here with a question to gain clarity on the thought process behind focusing on every culture and ethnicity that has dark skin.

Instead of an actual well thought out answer, we got nikkas acting outraged.

Then you act like I'm "rejecting" these Iraqis. I wasn't even commenting on them. I was asking about a coli trend.

You nikkas be on the internet so much you forgot how to communicate with actual people.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Its black ppl in Pakistan and India too.

The Siddi (pronounced [sɪdːiː ]), also known as the Sheedi, Sidi, or Siddhi, or Habshi are an ethnic group inhabiting India and Pakistan. They are primarily descended from the Bantu peoples of the Zanj coast in Southeast Africa and Ethiopia, most whom arrived to the indian subcontinent through the Arab Slave Trade.[5] Others arrived as merchants, sailors, indentured servants, and mercenaries.[6] The Siddi population is currently estimated at around 850,000 individuals, with Karnataka, Gujarat and Hyderabad in India and Makran and Karachi in Pakistan[7] serving as the main population centres.[8] Siddis are primarily Muslims, although some are Hindus and others belong to the Catholic Church.[9]

Although often economically and socially marginalised as a community today, Siddis have played large roles in the politics of the subcontinent. The most famous Siddi, Malik Ambar, effectively controlled the Ahmadnagar Sultanate in the Deccan. He played a major role, politically and militarily, in Indian history by limiting the penetration of the Mughal power into the Deccan Plateau.[10

Pakistani politician (so at least they got some representation): Tanzeela Qambrani - Wikipedia

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Try and chop it up with these Black Muslims and it'll go south.
Their minds are completely taken over by koranish text and Arab supremacist culture.

They'll tell you they're Muslim before Black. So they can all :camby:

98Ntu

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
I wrote about Afro-Iraqis, Afro-Iranians and other various groups of Afro-Asians for some of papers in college. The African diaspora is bigger and more diverse than a lot of us are aware of. African and African descended cultures are far reaching and incredibly influential. Only recently is the culture of Africa and its diaspora being downplayed due to modern :mjpls:

The problem has a root. Africa is weak in a cultural, political and economic sense. Restore African greatness and the diaspora will suffer less. It doesn’t matter if it’s Afro-Colombians, Haitians, Jamaicans, Afro-Asians, Black Europeans, AAs, etc. The global suffering of black people is abhorrent. Africa must rise if we are to curtail our current humiliation and degradation. The image of black people is a weak and downtrodden one. That must end soon!

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i as pan african as the average american can get, but for some reason i feel no connection to these people.
Maybe just need to learn more about them

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
i as pan african as the average american can get, but for some reason i feel no connection to these people.
Maybe just need to learn more about them

Recognition and connection are two different things..if Black folks globally recognize each other but aren't entirely connected that's still fine because as you stated, our cultures and diversity is vast.

I can't connect with Black Muslims because they're subservient to Arabs and credit them with everything. :scust: