Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
DMMYNZKQLNRIHCN.20110627030040.jpg

titleix_lineup_06_gibson_800.jpg

tumblr_ntn759kur91sawza0o3_400.jpg

Althea Gibson, (born August 25, 1927, Silver, South Carolina, U.S.—diedSeptember 28, 2003, East Orange, New Jersey), American tennis player who dominated women’s competition in the late 1950s. She was the first black player to win the French (1956), Wimbledon (1957–58), and U.S. Open (1957–58)singles championships.

Gibson grew up in New York City, where she began playing tennis at an early age under the auspices of the New York Police Athletic League. In 1942 she won her first tournament, which was sponsored by the American Tennis Association (ATA), an organization founded by African American players. In 1947 she captured the ATA’s women’s singles championship, which she would hold for 10 consecutive years. While attending Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (B.S., 1953) in Tallahassee, she continued to play in tournaments around the country and in 1950 became the first black tennis player to enter the national grass-court championship tournament at Forest Hills in Queens, New York. The next year she entered the Wimbledon tournament, again as the first black player ever invited. The tall and lean Gibson soon became noted for her dominating serves and powerful play.

Until 1956 Gibson had only fair success in match tennis play, but that year she won a number of tournaments in Asia and Europe, including the French and Italian singles titles and the women’s doubles title at Wimbledon. In 1957–58 she won the Wimbledon women’s singles and doubles titles and took the U.S. women’s singles championship at Forest Hills. She also won the U.S. mixed doubles and the Australian women’s doubles in 1957. That year Gibson was voted Female Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press, becoming the first African American to receive the honour; she also won the award the following year. Having worked her way to top rank in world amateur tennis, she turned professional following her 1958 Forest Hills win. However, there being few tournaments and prizes for women at that time, she took up professional golf in 1964 and was the first African-American member of the Ladies Professional Golf Association. From 1973 to 1992 Gibson was active in sports administration, mainly for the state of New Jersey. Her autobiography, I Always Wanted to Be Somebody, appeared in 1958. In 1971 she was elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

Mess World

☭☥☤☮☯ψ
Daps
why you give this thread 2 stars :dahell:

Accident I didn't rate it the server keeps messing up on iOS I rated it 5 just now

I posted a Nigerian mathematician that said to have figured out einsteins' theory but found out he was scamming people , ( that's why I deleted )even though he's a genius and works for nasa

blalienz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
Every month for the past 3 years has been black history month i learn somethin new all the time. Now im gettin into books but my local library book selection is ass juice. If i gotta spend some paper so be it.

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
Y'all have been hoodwinked/brainwashed into believing that MLK was a legend..

Malcolm X was the real MVP..

Open your mind.. Do your homework.. stop believing what the media tells you and think for yourself..

Ali%2Band%2BMalcolm%252C%2BAli%2Beating.jpg

Malcolm+X+kidding+around+with+Muhammad+Ali,+New+York,+1963.jpg

Besides being a phenomenal leader, the man was an incredible public speaker.. When Malcolm speaks, you listen

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

' Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some thirteen missions to rescue approximately seventy enslaved family and friends,[2] using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad. She later helped abolitionist John Brown recruit men for his raid on Harpers Ferry, and in the post-war era was an active participant in the struggle for women's suffrage."

GOD BLESS BLACK WOMEN:blessed: