Black folks looking incredulous

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
in what way?
Religion in general is mental abuse. But with Cogic...you are in church for an insane amount of time at a very young age...force feeding a child to fear an imaginary evil their whole lives.

Cogic is also very strict. I was forced to go to church. In every Cogic I went to (it's a mostly black church), they had pictures of a white Jesus.

It can have psychological damage on certain people.

Last edited:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Religion in general is mental abuse. But with Cogic...you are in church for an insane amount of time at a very young age...force feeding a child to fear an imaginary evil their whole lives.

Cogic is also very strict. I was forced to go to church. In every Cogic I went to (it's a mostly black church), they had pictures of a white Jesus.

I thought you mean the gif showed child abuse

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ctUsD3c.gif

:laff: :deadrose:

DO you have a video for that?

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
This thread had me weak from thread title to finish. This is why I come here. :salute:

Once again, culture vulture cacs at it again. :stopitslime:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I grew up COGIC too. Man, we were in church from 9 to 6 most Sundays. Wednesday, Friday night, Saturday night. Visiting other churches. everything was a sin. Ladies couldn't wear pants. People going crazy catchin the Holy Ghost(what that gif was). Playing sports and having school activities gave me excuses to get out of there. I remember our pastor's son(grown dude) used to live at my sporting events. He was trying to get out of there too, lol.

But yeah, it was some crazy mental abuse I thought. Many of us ended up ok, but I hate when I see grown people like so fearful and talk like it, it scares me some. Thankfully my mom was wise enough to see it wasn't for us and that even for her she was able to see some of the cray going on.

For those that don't know COGIC = Church of God in Christ. There was no snake handling like some of the southern Pentacostals, but there is a lot of dancing, shouting, speaking in tongues. If you have seen the movie, "The Apostle", a lot of the church members are from our church. They went to a lot of the events that our church would attend.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I grew up COGIC too. Man, we were in church from 9 to 6 most Sundays. Wednesday, Friday night, Saturday night. Visiting other churches. everything was a sin. Ladies couldn't wear pants. People going crazy catchin the Holy Ghost(what that gif was). Playing sports and having school activities gave me excuses to get out of there. I remember our pastor's son(grown dude) used to live at my sporting events. He was trying to get out of there too, lol.

But yeah, it was some crazy mental abuse I thought. Many of us ended up ok, but I hate when I see grown people like so fearful and talk like it, it scares me some. Thankfully my mom was wise enough to see it wasn't for us and that even for her she was able to see some of the cray going on.

For those that don't know COGIC = Church of God in Christ. There was no snake handling like some of the southern Pentacostals, but there is a lot of dancing, shouting, speaking in tongues. If you have seen the movie, "The Apostle", a lot of the church members are from our church. They went to a lot of the events that our church would attend.
Yeah from Sunday school to Sunday night church. It was an all-day event. For me it was also Tuesday (youth night, we were called Puritans), Friday night (bible study) and Saturday during the summer (vacation bible school). My mom is deep in the church and we had to go. I have never seen my mom wear pants...ever. Everything was devilish (my mom calls Halloween the devils holiday). The Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues is just crazy. They believe the bible word for word. It's a cult. It's insane.

I'm glad I survived it. I got a job at 16/17 and made sure I worked on Sunday lol.

Last edited: