Black fatherless myth shattered. If you grew up without a father you were in the minority. Stats have been misused to push a false narrative

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let’s just full stop with this. It ain’t true for every woman just like it’s not fair to say all Black fathers are deadbeats. But there’s a fair share Black women who ain’t bout shyt just like the men. Using the child as a bargaining chip, manipulating the child against the father, taking out their anger on the child cause “you just like your daddy,” putting a man on child support cause he moved on. Y’all gotta stop shooting these bytches so much bail and treating them like they’re the innocent victims in all this. There’s lots of BM who are being prevented from being a father (and that’s to not excuse the ones who aren’t making an effort).
I'm not saying women aren't to blame either. I'm saying that even with everything you mentioned, the dad needs to put his relationship with his kid(s) above his bitter baby momma. (That includes paying child support too btw)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You grew up in a Black community, you did not grow up in all Black communities. Your personal experience is not the totality of all experience on the issue. That is why studies are conducted, because going by a single or even multiple people's anecdotal evidence does not give a true picture of what is actually going on.

Also, biasness plays a part in what some claim is reality, while using statistics seeks to remove as much of the bias from the information as possible.

The fact you are letting “studies” dictate your opinion is all I need to know

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I've always felt this . I knew a bunch of kids with active fathers. Some just didn't stay ay home with the mother . But still active.

I forgot which state it was but even if both your parents weren’t married but still together you’d be filed as born to a single mother

I’m paraphrasing

Black_Monarch

Rookie
Daps
Yall nikkas will fall for anything. There is no way you grew up in a black community within the last 40 years and didn’t notice that there are a significant amount of kids who have absentee fathers
nikkas on here blind or grew up in the suburbs, it was rare to see nikkas with their parents together growing up then the opposite.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Most of the kids in my neighborhood had dads, but that doesn't mean he lived in the house or even took care of them. Quite a few even lost their dad's. Many were on drugs or ran the streets or was living with another woman. Some kept jobs and we're on child support, but they still didn't come around much. I don't think it's a myth, I think it depends on where you grew up. It just so happens that I grew up in an area with absentee dads.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
He was speaking facts in the video if u guys actually looked at the video

He even talked about white and Hispanics numbers all increased in large numbers and how black fathers is the biggest ones in their children lives compared to all other races

But people don’t want to do their research but continue to throw that bullshyt narrative

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was speaking facts in the video if u guys actually looked at the video

He even talked about white and Hispanics numbers all increased in large numbers and how black fathers is the biggest ones in their children lives compared to all other races

But people don’t want to do their research but continue to throw that bullshyt narrative

Have you ever been to a PTA meeting for a majority black school in the last 20 years