Black fatherless myth shattered. If you grew up without a father you were in the minority. Stats have been misused to push a false narrative

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
The breh on the panel with the sunglasses and the light blue stop is extremely :mjpls:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
As a father dealing with some personal shyt with a child, I’ll just say, all of these supposed safeguards meant to protect the child don’t exist. Multiply the lack of assistance to fathers, particularly Black fathers, is tenfold when you reach out for it. Believe me when I tell y’all this, Black men, we truly are on our own out here.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Yall nikkas will fall for anything. There is no way you grew up in a black community over within the last 40 years and didn’t notice that there are a significant amount of kids who have absentee fathers
I grew up in a 2 parent household. Both of my parents had children before they met each other and had me.

I have one uncle who's married to his wife with children.

There's such a small number of black men who raised their children on both sides of my parents family, my father is the go-to man you talk to when you need financial or career advice for both sides.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yall nikkas will fall for anything. There is no way you grew up in a black community over within the last 40 years and didn’t notice that there are a significant amount of kids who have absentee fathers
That doesn't mean they were the majority. And what exactly do you mean "Black community"???

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

tbh we shouldnt take anecdotal as hard evidence

but yeah i saw this in my area

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
“black absentee father” trope =/= black fatherless HOMES

:ld:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Mostly due to death or jail doe. Most chicks I fukk with BD's are in the picture if not dead or locked up. All my nikkas are in their kids lives.

Most dudes are either in the life financially but not with them enough or with them enough but can't provide enough financially, considering he is separated from the mother.

My BM is alive and free, but she's an alcoholic and that is her life. She doesn't even call my child, never bought her anything, never taught her anything. Absolutely useless.

There are dudes like that too, but that shyt ain't the majority. Not even close.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Race and ethnicity are strongly associated with the likelihood that a father will live apart from at least one of his children. While about one-fifth (21%) of white fathers live apart from at least one of their children, this number rises to 35% among Hispanic fathers, and 44% among African American fathers. This pattern persists when examining fathers of children younger than 5, with 10% of white fathers living apart from at least one of their young children, compared with 24% of Hispanic fathers and 32% of African American fathers.

I think the video is making the argument about how many fathers are in a child's life, not ALL of their children's lives. If you are supporting one child, but neglecting three others, I don't think it balances out.

I also didn't have a pops in my life and think that him insinuating that it's women's fault is disingenuous.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
also didn't have a pops in my life and think that him insinuating that it's women's fault is disingenuous
Let’s just full stop with this. It ain’t true for every woman just like it’s not fair to say all Black fathers are deadbeats. But there’s a fair share Black women who ain’t bout shyt just like the men. Using the child as a bargaining chip, manipulating the child against the father, taking out their anger on the child cause “you just like your daddy,” putting a man on child support cause he moved on. Y’all gotta stop shooting these bytches so much bail and treating them like they’re the innocent victims in all this. There’s lots of BM who are being prevented from being a father (and that’s to not excuse the ones who aren’t making an effort).