Black family lose custody of their autistic son, 16, after refusing to let him transition to a girl

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
So they just training that kid to be a rapist someday or something? :dwillhuh:

Their philosophy was to direct his behavior to something less harmful. They think that if he would go beat his meat then he wouldn't bother the girl. I thought the shyt was weird but apparently that is a compromise in their eyes. I don't know if we have anyone else here that have done this sort of thing but it's absolutely a tactic they use. They literally can't discipline kids anymore so they have to do shyt like this. It's going to blow up in their faces one day.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
As someone who is neurodivergent and frequent neurodivergent online spaces I notice that being trans is common in autistic people, I feel for this dude's family.

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
As someone who's had a job where I worked with family court and CPS, I feel like something is being left out of this story. Not sure exactly how they do things in DC, but the idea of parents losing custody due to not affirming a child's gender would probably be impossible where I'm at.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
I'm gonna try to keep this short as I worked with autistic kids when I thought I wanted to be a psych major in college.

Some of those kids are very irrational and would say things that they didn't understand or necessarily mean. One day they would be like I hate you, then love you the next. Instructors don't believe in discipline, they don't teach them that the world doesn't care about them being autistic, they believe in enabling kids that don't have fully have a grasp on what they're saying, they just practice reinforcement because they literally told me on day one that you don't say "no" you are to provide support and redirect and if that doesn't work then embrace their desire. That shyt does not prepare kids for the future, it teaches kids that if they act out enough that they can get what they want. I knew then that that wasn't for me.

I remember there was a kid that would literally grab a teacher's titty because he liked them and the teacher wouldn't say no, she would be like if you want alone time in the bathroom then just say you want privacy. So eventually I found out that he went to a regular school and threw a fit and started breaking shyt in class because another girl wouldn't let him touch her. That's the type of shyt they encourage now, that's why I switched my major. They pacify kids and give them power that they aren't equipped to handle.

I say all this to say, this is probably what happened in this case. They empowered a kid that probably didn't even understand what he was saying. He probably felt that way one day, they encouraged it and now he's convinced because some autistic kids will literally just parrot things they hear whether they feel that way or not. I even remember another kid that said he hated his sister and come to find out he didn't even have one, he just heard another kid say it and saw they were getting attention and decided to say it too.
Yooo wtf that's beyond pacification :dahell:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Yooo wtf that's beyond pacification :dahell:

Yep, I agree. They look at the word "no" as a non-negotiable so they do stuff like ask questions and redirect. Basically they distract the kids instead of just saying stop doing that shyt. What they would do is make note of it and basically tell the parents in their daily report. Truthfully a good ass whooping will stop a lot of those behaviors but they discourage it by saying it only teaches fear. I remember hearing that and asked "isn't that what you want... For bad ass kids to be afraid to act up?" Only thing I know is it's not for me. Some of those kids definitely need specialized treatment but some of them literally just did stuff because they could get away with it and not be punished and you could tell when parents would be shocked at the reports and say they don't do this at home(talking mainly about the sexual part of it).

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Yep, I agree. They look at the word "no" as a non-negotiable so they do stuff like ask questions and redirect. Basically they distract the kids instead of just saying stop doing that shyt. What they would do is make note of it and basically tell the parents in their daily report. Truthfully a good ass whooping will stop a lot of those behaviors but they discourage it by saying it only teaches fear. I remember hearing that and asked "isn't that what you want... For bad ass kids to be afraid to act up?" Only thing I know is it's not for me. Some of those kids definitely need specialized treatment but some of them literally just did stuff because they could get away with it and not be punished and you could tell when parents would be shocked at the reports and say they don't do this at home(talking mainly about the sexual part of it).
I think the "policy and procedure" aspect is just the excuse for predators to operate in your space. It's inexcusable.

People love to intellectualize and bureaucratize things that have no real logical or factual basis.

That teacher that let that student feel on her breasts multiple times a day was a predator. The fact that she offered him some "alone time" in the bathroom just solidifies that.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
separately, i think autism is probably the most faked disorder in America. i feel like in some cases it's just kids pretending or acting out. make up some shyt then prescribe meds BIG PHARMA

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I think the "policy and procedure" aspect is just the excuse for predators to operate in your space. It's inexcusable.

People love to intellectualize and bureaucratize things that have no real logical or factual basis.

That teacher that let that student feel on her breasts multiple times a day was a predator. The fact that she offered him some "alone time" in the bathroom just solidifies that.

Yeah, I'll never understand the alone time thing, that shyt was sick to me then and it's even more sick now. The whole thing about the kid touching the teacher was like this... the kid was maybe 5 yrs old, he would walk up to the teacher and squeeze her breasts and say "I wanna see your t*ts" she would talk about it afterwards but in the moment she would say "now Jacob, if you want alone time it's ok to ask." Then she would try to redirect him and ask of he wants time to himself. That shyt is literally in their handbook. They say that it's perfectly normal for kids to explore their bodies and to not discourage it. Problem with that is, when they get around other people that aren't around kids on the spectrum, they don't understand, nor are they obligated to deal with those kids. This is mainly based on kids on the higher end of the spectrum. The majority of the kids, like 90% of them just needed help with focus. However, it seemed like they were preparing most of the kids to be dependent on other people for the rest of their lives.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
separately, i think autism is probably the most faked disorder in America. i feel like in some cases it's just kids pretending or acting out. make up some shyt then prescribe meds BIG PHARMA

Honestly, some of those parents refuse to discipline their kids and wonder why their kids act up when they don't get their way. Just slap a label on them and let somebody else deal with it. That's not always the case but I noticed that in a lot of cases, parents try to bargain with 3 and 4yr olds instead of just telling them to sit their asses down.