Black family lose custody of their autistic son, 16, after refusing to let him transition to a girl

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
This is the most dubious part of this article imo.

How did the parents hear about that hospital's "mental re-programming" and forcing the son to write letters disavowing his identity to his friends ? This seems like a serious issue but for some reason, the parents only reported this to the Daily Mail, a conveniently right wing tabloid, while wanting to remain anonymous. No testimonies from the so-called friends either. Daily Mail - Wikipedia.

It also says the hospital used emergencies policies to contact child protection services and keep the parents away from their children. Usually this is not done without solid proof, removing custody from the biological parents isn't something that can be done on the fly like that. The kid was admitted into the hospital because of self-harming after a bad breakup which is not a normal thing to do even for an autist tbh, it seems he already had some serious mental issues aside from autism even before the transgender thing.

And lastly, why whould the hospital staff be specifically interested in making this boy go transgender ? It's an hospital for children, he's not the only minor who went there for treatment, was he the first subject of a secret program or something ? No other child was affected in this besides him ?

I'm not claiming this story as fake yet but it's written like a conspiracy theory rather than a serious article.
because there are people that are really believe Trans is normal and if a kid hints at believing they are trans they will "help" the child transition.

It sounds crazy unless youre around these people...
if youre not you think the Repubs online are making at a mountain out of a molehill...but this shyt is real

why would a school need this policy in the first place if they werent interested in minors converting to trans?
The policy, which the Montgomery County Board of Education adopted for the 2020-2021 school year, permitted schools to develop gender support plans for students to ensure they "feel comfortable expressing their gender identity."
The policy directs school personnel to help transgender and gender nonconforming students create a plan that addresses their preferred pronouns, names and bathrooms, and bars staff from informing parents of those plans without a student's consent.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because there are people that are really believe Trans is normal and if a kid hints at believing they are trans they will "help" the child transition.

if youre not you think the Repubs online are making at a mountain out of a molehill...but this shyt is real

why would a school need this policy in the first place if they werent interested in minors converting to trans?
What the daily mail article didn't put in was that he went in the hospital because of a sucide attempt. My guess is schools put this policy in affect so these people don't kill themselves
Edit
My bad they said self harm instead of suicide

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps

But this is not an answer as to why this hospital staff would be so interested in turning this kid specifically into a transgender through a transgender program, "mental reprogramming" and forcing him to write letters to disavow his male identity. The story in this article shows this kid already suffered from mental issues even before being admitted in the hospital with the self-harm allegations. According to the article the hospital, not just one person, didn't just kidnap the son but decided to call child protection services to remove the son from his parent's care and it worked. An hospital staff can't just decide to keep children away from their biological parents over the course of an hospitalization without serious allegations, which is why I think the article lack details around this whole story.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
But this is not an answer as to why this hospital staff would be so interested in turning this kid specifically into a transgender through a transgender program, "mental reprogramming" and forcing him to write letters to disavow his male identity. The story in this article shows this kid already suffered from mental issues even before being admitted in the hospital with the self-harm allegations. According to the article the hospital, not just one person, didn't just kidnap the son but decided to call child protection services to remove the son from his parent's care and it worked. An hospital staff can't just decide to keep children away from their biological parents over the course of an hospitalization without serious allegations, which is why I think the article lack details around this whole story.
"reprogramming" is the parents language

their point is the hospital shouldnt be egging this kid on because he/she doesnt have the mental capacity to make this decision.

The issue is the kid went in at 16 and became of age while in there

It would be like if your daughter went into that place when she was 16 and a half and when she turned 18 you found out shes now dating a 55 year old man she met in there...
you now cant do anything about it and you later find out the hospital didnt inform you she may have been romantically involved with a 55 year old man

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'm gonna try to keep this short as I worked with autistic kids when I thought I wanted to be a psych major in college.

Some of those kids are very irrational and would say things that they didn't understand or necessarily mean. One day they would be like I hate you, then love you the next. Instructors don't believe in discipline, they don't teach them that the world doesn't care about them being autistic, they believe in enabling kids that don't have fully have a grasp on what they're saying, they just practice reinforcement because they literally told me on day one that you don't say "no" you are to provide support and redirect and if that doesn't work then embrace their desire. That shyt does not prepare kids for the future, it teaches kids that if they act out enough that they can get what they want. I knew then that that wasn't for me.

I remember there was a kid that would literally grab a teacher's titty because he liked them and the teacher wouldn't say no, she would be like if you want alone time in the bathroom then just say you want privacy. So eventually I found out that he went to a regular school and threw a fit and started breaking shyt in class because another girl wouldn't let him touch her. That's the type of shyt they encourage now, that's why I switched my major. They pacify kids and give them power that they aren't equipped to handle.

I say all this to say, this is probably what happened in this case. They empowered a kid that probably didn't even understand what he was saying. He probably felt that way one day, they encouraged it and now he's convinced because some autistic kids will literally just parrot things they hear whether they feel that way or not. I even remember another kid that said he hated his sister and come to find out he didn't even have one, he just heard another kid say it and saw they were getting attention and decided to say it too.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I'm gonna try to keep this short as I worked with autistic kids when I thought I wanted to be a psych major in college.

Some of those kids are very irrational and would say things that they didn't understand or necessarily mean. One day they would be like I hate you, then love you the next. Instructors don't believe in discipline, they don't teach them that the world doesn't care about them being autistic, they believe in enabling kids that don't have fully have a grasp on what they're saying, they just practice reinforceme because they literally told me on day one that you don't say "no" you are to provide support and redirect and if that doesn't work then embrace their desire. That shyt does not prepare kids for the future, it teaches kids that if they act out enough that they can get what they want. I knew then that that wasn't for me.

I remember there was a kid that would literally grab a teacher's titty because he liked them and the teacher wouldn't say no, she would be like if you want alone time in the bathroom then just say you want privacy. So eventually I found out that he went to a regular school and threw a fit and started breaking shyt in class because another girl wouldn't let him touch her. That's the type of shyt they encourage now, that's why I switched my major. They pacify kids and give them power that they aren't equipped to handle.

I say all this to say, this is probably what happened in this case. They empowered a kid that probably didn't even understand what he was saying. He probably felt that way one day, they encouraged it and now he's convinced because some autistic kids will literally just parrot things they hear whether they feel that ay or not. I even remember another kid that said he hated his sister and come to find out he didn't even have one, he just heard another kid say it and saw they were getting attention and decided to say it too.
So they just training that kid to be a rapist someday or something? :dwillhuh: