Black Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay reveals she’s engaged (8/7/17 update: He's a cac)

lib123

All Star
Daps

The OGs always told me growing up that when a man files for divorce the wife either cheated or she's crazy. Based on her IG she traveled to Italy without him last year. And she's pushing for an NDA in the divorce.

He posted that on IG in response to this interview she did last week.

Interview Cliffs (from Reddit)

1. she thinks everyone should get a prenup now. she doesn't have a prenup with bryan. her reasons were that their financials were more level then, they weren't living in CA then which complicates her divorce now, she was in love, she wanted one but she and bryan were not on the same page about prenups, and she said "It was just a different time, so I wasn't leading with that and we weren't on the same page with prenups, and so I just didn't want it to be a bigger issue, so we didn't have one. You know, hindsight's 20/20. I would've done it. I mean, I always wanted to do it, but again, we weren't on the same page when it came to that.” now she tells everyone to do it because you don't know what will happen.

2. she sees her divorce as a "happy ending" because it's what she wants. her marriage was not going well, but they were both trying to make it work. the decision to divorce was amicable but bryan's filing was not. she said "I'm doing what’s best for me and with divorce even if it’s mutual there’s a bit of a selfish decision in it but I’m doing what’s best for me and that’s a happy ending,” she said. “right now as I’m going through it. no, it’s not happy, it’s messy — unnecessarily messy — but when I get through it I’m gonna have to rebuild, I’m gonna have to restructure but it’s a happy ending because it’s what I want.”

3. she believes she made the decision to marry bryan out of love (she makes it sound like she made the decision during their honeymoon stage). she says both she & bryan are different people now than who they were when they got married. the way they look and feel about each other is now very different than when they first got together. she said several times she is not the same person now than she was going into the marriage. she has changed a lot as a person, and what she wants from a partner and relationship has also changed.

4. she said they are still living together. but it's not easy. she is in therapy which is helping.

5. rachel said the show the bachelor teaches you how to fall in love with an individual, but it teaches you nothing about how to make a partnership work. she married bryan 2 years after their engagement, but they were still in the "whirlwind" honeymoon stage so she was under the influence of that and their incompatibilities were not as apparent.

6. in all her past relationships, she dated for potential and wants to support change. (she said she isn't specifically relating that to bryan.) rachel said she realized you can't help people change that much. she realized she needs an alpha male, not beta. (edit: the beta vs. alpha man convo was started by natasha who said "I don't do beta men", to which rachel agreed in response that she doesn't want to do beta anymore either and needs alpha.)

7. going into bachelor, her main criteria was having a supportive man who prioritizes her. she overlooked/ignored other things that were there because she felt prioritized. now she knows that isn't enough. she now wants someone who makes her feel safe (which includes financial security, as well as physical/emotional). natasha asked if there were red flags she ignored during bachelorette? yes, of course she did. in hindsight, she thinks most partners would say that including bryan would probably say that about her.

8. she doesn't regret her relationship and marriage because she learned from them. but she thinks maybe marriage isn't for her in the future. she definitely wants a life partner and best friend in future, but maybe not another marriage.

9. she's not dating yet, not ready. she is slowly getting her confidence back. she wants the divorce behind her first. but she wants to be dating in next year.

10. she does want kids in her future and shared she has frozen eggs.

She also mentioned that she's been the breadwinner in every relationship she's had and now wants a man who can at least carry the load financially if she isn't able to contribute. In legal documents filed pertaining to her divorce last month she said she's currently covering 90% of the household expenses while her husband continues living with her.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Lawd these women be just as dumb as men.

She think she leveling up with Brad and didn't have a prenump.

How u a lawyer and not even THINK about getting ur ducks in a row.

She paying that preference tax like yall pawg loving niqqas on here do. She gonna have to pay the spicy beta Brad.

broller

Veteran
Daps

1. she thinks everyone should get a prenup now. she doesn't have a prenup with bryan. her reasons were that their financials were more level then, they weren't living in CA then which complicates her divorce now, she was in love, she wanted one but she and bryan were not on the same page about prenups, and she said "It was just a different time, so I wasn't leading with that and we weren't on the same page with prenups, and so I just didn't want it to be a bigger issue, so we didn't have one. You know, hindsight's 20/20. I would've done it. I mean, I always wanted to do it, but again, we weren't on the same page when it came to that.” now she tells everyone to do it because you don't know what will happen.

2. she sees her divorce as a "happy ending" because it's what she wants. her marriage was not going well, but they were both trying to make it work. the decision to divorce was amicable but bryan's filing was not. she said "I'm doing what’s best for me and with divorce even if it’s mutual there’s a bit of a selfish decision in it but I’m doing what’s best for me and that’s a happy ending,” she said. “right now as I’m going through it. no, it’s not happy, it’s messy — unnecessarily messy — but when I get through it I’m gonna have to rebuild, I’m gonna have to restructure but it’s a happy ending because it’s what I want.”

3. she believes she made the decision to marry bryan out of love (she makes it sound like she made the decision during their honeymoon stage). she says both she & bryan are different people now than who they were when they got married. the way they look and feel about each other is now very different than when they first got together. she said several times she is not the same person now than she was going into the marriage. she has changed a lot as a person, and what she wants from a partner and relationship has also changed.

4. she said they are still living together. but it's not easy. she is in therapy which is helping.

5. rachel said the show the bachelor teaches you how to fall in love with an individual, but it teaches you nothing about how to make a partnership work. she married bryan 2 years after their engagement, but they were still in the "whirlwind" honeymoon stage so she was under the influence of that and their incompatibilities were not as apparent.

6. in all her past relationships, she dated for potential and wants to support change. (she said she isn't specifically relating that to bryan.) rachel said she realized you can't help people change that much. she realized she needs an alpha male, not beta. (edit: the beta vs. alpha man convo was started by natasha who said "I don't do beta men", to which rachel agreed in response that she doesn't want to do beta anymore either and needs alpha.)

7. going into bachelor, her main criteria was having a supportive man who prioritizes her. she overlooked/ignored other things that were there because she felt prioritized. now she knows that isn't enough. she now wants someone who makes her feel safe (which includes financial security, as well as physical/emotional). natasha asked if there were red flags she ignored during bachelorette? yes, of course she did. in hindsight, she thinks most partners would say that including bryan would probably say that about her.

8. she doesn't regret her relationship and marriage because she learned from them. but she thinks maybe marriage isn't for her in the future. she definitely wants a life partner and best friend in future, but maybe not another marriage.

9. she's not dating yet, not ready. she is slowly getting her confidence back. she wants the divorce behind her first. but she wants to be dating in next year.

She also mentioned that she's been the breadwinner in every relationship she's had and now wants a man who can at least carry the load financially if she isn't able to contribute. In legal documents filed pertaining to her divorce last month she said she's currently covering 90% of the household expenses while her husband continues living with her.

Damn 90% of the expenses? A lot of women got to realize that they are going to be done with paying for the man. It doesn't matter how much they make, they' get turned off by that shyt eventually.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Damn 90% of the expenses? A lot of women got to realize that they are going to be done with paying for the man. It doesn't matter how much they make, they' get turned off by that shyt eventually.

IKR. But to give more context, he shut down his chiropractor practice in Florida and started a new one in Cali to live with her. So he was in startup mode.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Lawd these women be just as dumb as men.

She think she leveling up with Brad and didn't have a prenump.

How u a lawyer and not even THINK about getting ur ducks in a row.

She paying that preference tax like yall pawg loving niqqas on here do. She gonna have to pay the spicy beta Brad.
Yep homie knew the picker will make more money ( and she probably made more money then)

But she both settled and submitted for the clout.

Shorty wanted to be famous. She changed he didnt.

Shes around Van Lathan and rich nikkas now so she wants a nikka to pay bills

Every body she dated she tricked off on but not Kevin Durant

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
IKR. But to give more context, he shut down his chiropractor practice in Florida and started a new one in Cali to live with her. So he was in startup mode.
Yeah he was beta from the start and she knew that going in

Those alimony checks are gonna be lovely

Notice he didnt seed her probably told her that from the jump

Watch he get married and a kid by a white chick two years from now

lib123

All Star
Daps
Yeah he was beta from the start and she knew that going in

Those alimony checks are gonna be lovely

Notice he didnt seed her probably told her that from the jump

Watch he get married and a kid by a white chick two years from now

I think she talked about having fertility issues in her book. But also in another podcast last year where she mentioned they were having issues she said they were only smashing once per month lol.

jay83

Superstar
Daps

Chicks like this are friendly online and have a nice persona. But behind clothes doors are passive aggressive and condescending. You know when he was struggling she was taking light shots at spicy breh. lol

It also sounds like she was looking for a trophy husband not someone to support and be aligned with values.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Chicks like this are friendly online and have a nice persona. But behind clothes doors are passive aggressive and condescending. You know when he was struggling she was taking light shots at spicy breh. lol

It also sounds like she was looking for a trophy husband not someone to support and be aligned with values.

Lol yeah she straight up said she started talking differently to him as things got worse.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think she talked about having fertility issues in her book. But also in another podcast last year where she mentioned they were having issues she said they were only smashing once per month lol.
Oh that cac had someone else he's dealling with on the side this was a sham marriage from jump

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Lol yeah she straight up said she started talking differently to him as things got worse.
When she started getting around clouted nikkas she switched up on him.

She married him the same way she fukked him basically because the producers suggested she do so.

She didn't want to just say well my preferred cac bushed me so I don't pick nobody she immediately went to the back up cac.