Black America should stop forgiving white racists

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Clark:I see. Well, Reverend Martin Luther King preaches a doctrine of non-violent insistence upon the rights of the American Negro. What is your attitude toward this philosophy?

Malcolm X:The white man pays Reverend Martin Luther King, subsidizes Reverend Martin Luther King, so that Reverend Martin Luther King can continue to teach the Negroes to be defenseless. That's what you mean by non-violent: be defenseless. Be defenseless in the face of one of the most cruel beasts that has ever taken a people into captivity. That's this American white man. And they have proved it throughout the country by the police dogs and the police clubs.
A hundred years ago they used to put on a white sheet and use a bloodhound against Negroes. Today they've taken off the white sheet and put on police uniforms, they've traded in the bloodhounds for police dogs, and they're still doing the same thing. And just asUncle Tom, back during slavery, used to keep the Negroes from resisting the bloodhound, or resisting theKu Klux Klan, by teaching them to love their enemy, or pray for those who use them spitefully, today Martin Luther King is just a 20th century or modern Uncle Tom, or a religious Uncle Tom, who is doing the same thing today, to keep Negroes defenseless in the face of an attack, that Uncle Tom did on the plantation to keep those Negroes defenseless in the face of the attacks of the Klan in that day.

Clark:But the goal of Dr. King is full equality --

Malcolm X:No.

Clark:... and full rights of citizenship for Negroes.

Malcolm X:The goal of Dr. Martin Luther King is to give Negroes a chance to sit in a segregated restaurant beside the same white man who had brutalized them for 400 years. The goal of Dr. Martin Luther King is to get Negroes to forgive the people who have brutalized them for 400 years by lulling them to sleep, and making them forgetting what those whites have done to them. But the masses of black people in America today don't go for what Martin Luther King is putting down. As you said in one of your articles, it's psychologically insecure, or something of that sort -- I forget how you put it. But you didn't endorse what Martin Luther King was doing yourself.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/mlk/sfeature/sf_video_pop_03_tr_qt.html

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you are on the stand and the first thing you say is that you forgive the person who killed your son/daughter. Do you know what an all white jury is going to decide? A low sentence because you just told the jury you are ok with someone killing your children for sport. Forgive at home/church. Sometimes black people do not know how to act in different settings. When you are trying to get justice, all that forgiving stuff is going to hurt you.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
what's funny is, why should we have to make racist ppl feel better about themselves by forgiving them?

And there's a difference beteen forgiveness and complacency. Forgiveness shouldn't mean we get soft.

If someone wants to KILL you based on nothing but ur skin color, then ur forgiveness isn't going to mean squat in their demented mind anyway. This isn't a Disney movie

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nothing wrong with forgiveness, if a person asks to be forgiven.
Harboring hate will eat you alive.

That isn't to say voluntary seperation should be taken off the table, instead of the current phases and failure of forced integrationism and white acceptance

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Kill their children, kill their sons, rape their daughters, rape their mothers, and lets see if forgiveness is on the table.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Kill their children, kill their sons, rape their daughters, rape their mothers, and lets see if forgiveness is on the table.
How does that do anything but perpetuate an unwinnable strategy for the black man?
We are too few in number and its self defeating.

If you can forgive after someone comes to you and asks for it, and they leave you alone isn't that preferable?

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
How does that do anything but perpetuate an unwinnable strategy for the black man?
We are too few in number and its self defeating.

If you can forgive after someone comes to you and asks for it, and they leave you alone isn't that preferable?

You're not comprehending. I'm not saying to do these things, but what I am saying is that if Blacks had done these things to whites for as long as they have done to us in this country, forgiveness would be an afterthought.

Black people forgiving terror acts of racism instead of seeking justice let's white supremacists off the hook.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You're not comprehending. I'm not saying to do these things, but what I am saying is that if Blacks had done these things to whites for as long as they have done to us in this country, forgiveness would be an afterthought.

Black people forgiving terror acts of racism instead of seeking justice let's white supremacists off the hook.

I disagree, you look at much of europe and the white ethnic groups have had years of murder and retaliation and some of them have tried the forgiveness angle.

There is nothing wrong with forgiving people who ask for it, nothing at all, that isn't to say you have to forget or act like past event never happened or position yourself to do something so that it never happens again.

That is my point.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I disagree, you look at much of europe and the white ethnic groups have had years of murder and retaliation and some of them have tried the forgiveness angle.

There is nothing wrong with forgiving people who ask for it, nothing at all, that isn't to say you have to forget or act like past event never happened or position yourself to do something so that it never happens again.

That is my point.

Whites have been killing each other in Europe for centuries (Even longer than that). There hasn't been any "forgiving" going on there since it's inception. And state sanctioned violence against black people has been going on in this country for centuries and black people have "forgiven" white racists over and over only to be met with more state sanctioned violence and oppression with no justice in sight.

Only thing forgiveness does is let these people off the hook without having to be held accountable for their crimes. Forgiveness doesn't matter.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Whites have been killing each other in Europe for centuries (Even longer than that). There hasn't been any "forgiving" going on there since it's inception. And state sanctioned violence against black people has been going on in this country for centuries and black people have "forgiven" white racists over and over only to be met with more state sanctioned violence and oppression with no justice in sight.

Only thing forgiveness does is let these people off the hook without having to be held accountable for their crimes. Forgiveness doesn't matter.

Where is this forgiveness that you talk about, blacks live here and we move on, just like white minorities live on in europe after persecutions, take Romas for instance .

Most people don't dwell on past incidents and hate "those others" they recognize it and move on the best way they can, black americans are no different.
American blacks have no option but to forgive and move on, until you get a lot of blacks who get off the integrationist and liberal political plantation that wants to see them dependent on white folks (government aid and programs) and defenseless (no weapons), I don't see how things will change. The best black americans can look for is mass voluntary relocation to lands designated for us, similar to ethnic homeland that is within but politically seperate from the US

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Where is this forgiveness that you talk about, blacks live here and we move on, just like white minorities live on in europe after persecutions, take Romas for instance .

Most people don't dwell on past incidents and hate "those others" they recognize it and move on the best way they can, black americans are no different.
American blacks have no option but to forgive and move on, until you get a lot of blacks who get off the integrationist and liberal political plantation that wants to see them dependent on white folks (government aid and programs) and defenseless (no weapons), I don't see how things will change. The best black americans can look for is mass voluntary relocation to lands designated for us, similar to ethnic homeland that is within but politically seperate from the US

You're wrong here.Black people have forgiven terrors acts perpetuated by whites for centuries. The Selma Church bombings, the killing of Emmitt Till, the recent church killings by Dylan Roof and others are all examples of that (too many to name). And the Roma people themselves have been fighting for basic rights in Europe for centuries. They haven't forgiven anything. Most marginalized groups anywhere never forgive or forget the wrongs done to them by their oppressors. If that were the case Israel still wouldn't be trying to hunt down Nazi's to prosecute them for their crimes during the holocaust. And black people in this are no different. We have seen many movements in this country that have seen us fight white supremacy.

Forgiveness doesn't matter in the face of constant oppression and state sanctioned violence. All it does is give a pass to those who kill us without them being held accountable for their crimes. You're not convince me that holding my head down and moving on is the answer. It just isn't.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You're wrong here.Black people have forgiven terrors acts perpetuated by whites for centuries. The Selma Church bombings, the killing of Emmitt Till, the recent church killings by Dylan Roof and others are all examples of that (too many to name). And the Roma people themselves have been fighting for basic rights in Europe for centuries. They haven't forgiven anything. Most marginalized groups anywhere never forgive or forget the wrongs done to them by their oppressors. If that were the case Israel still wouldn't be trying to hunt down Nazi's to prosecute them for their crimes during the holocaust. And black people in this are no different. We have seen many movements in this country that have seen us fight white supremacy.

Forgiveness doesn't matter in the face of constant oppression and state sanctioned violence. All it does is give a pass to those who kill us without them being held accountable for their crimes. You're not convince me that holding my head down and moving on is the answer. It just isn't.

Who are these black people you are talking about, who are the roma you are talking about, israel does what it does because it is a actual country.
Roma, Kurds, Black Americans we don't have countries, so what you would have them to do is impossible.
The only thing we can do is forgive if forgiveness is asked or and move on, we don't have the resources or actual nations to develop a infrastructure to hunt people fore past grievances, and I would say looking at israel that idea does nothing but backfire and leave you isolated and ripe for another pogom at a later time.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Who are these black people you are talking about, who are the roma you are talking about, israel does what it does because it is a actual country.
Roma, Kurds, Black Americans we don't have countries, so what you would have them to do is impossible.
The only thing we can do is forgive if forgiveness is asked or and move on, we don't have the resources or actual nations to develop a infrastructure to hunt people fore past grievances, and I would say looking at israel that idea does nothing but backfire and leave you isolated and ripe for another pogom at a later time.

Am I being trolled? Did you not read my post? How can you make a point if you don't even know who the Roma people are? They've been called many names over the centuries. They've been called Gypsies, Roma, Romani etc. Who said anything about nation building or infrastructure? You're moving the goal posts now. That has nothing to do with your premise of forgiving oppressors committing state sanctioned violence against marginalized groups. You're point only reinforces mine. If Israel forgave the Nazis and the Germans like you wanted them to, then they wouldn't be hunting nazi's and they wouldn't be taking reperations from the German gov't. Everything they've done has flown in the face of your let go and live attitude.

Nothing you say is gonna convince me that NOT pursuing justice and holding people accountable for their crimes is the right thing to do.

Last edited: