Birthrates are plummeting worldwide. Can governments turn the tide?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to explain it like for every person on earth its contribution to the decay of earth by their actions...:ld: its not overpopulated but I dont think it matters anymore...

humans are cancer for the most part. this world will benefit without us

took away most of the other animals natural habitats and then raised the temperature and sea level. killed astronomical numbers of animals and made them go extinct.

we due for a cleanse.
Humans can build and/or destroy

And in my opinion there is no such thing as “the world “ benefiting, a planet is a planet, in a sense it’s almost meant to be geoengineered

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
The more educated a population of women are, the fewer children they have.

More schooling means delaying marriage and waiting for someone that checks off the professional, educational, financial and physical requirements. Back in the day, women either quickly settled for the attractive jock turned coal miner or the nerdy pencil pusher because he made good money.

Modern women don't have to settle...and most won't settle (unless it's for an attractive bum).

We don't have a bunch of family farms anymore. Where our great-grandmothers had 10, 12, 15 kids, a woman in 2024 would be hard pressed to have more than 2.
And this is the key reason why this problem can’t be fixed, women are not gonna be willing to drop their standards, they want what they want and you can’t force them to have kids

And I have no problem with this :hubie:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
And this is the key reason why this problem can’t be fixed, women are not gonna be willing to drop their standards, they want what they want and you can’t force them to have kids

And I have no problem with this :hubie:
Idk seems like standards on both sides need to be evaluated

What is it that people truly want, I can’t help but to feel like people base they wants on fiat currencies

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
What does overpopulated mean, and you saying the world is overpopulated?

There's only one planet which has humans.

This planet has been polluted to a horrifying degree by the humans. To where the weather is changing.

Yes. Planet Earth is being decimated by too many humans.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Low-income places with higher fertility rates – such as sub-Sarahan Africa, which is set to contribute over half the world’s births by 2100 – will need better access to contraceptives and female education, the researchers said.
Thats an interesting take in an article supposedly concerned about low birth rates.
:sas2:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
There's only one planet which has humans.

This planet has been polluted to a horrifying degree by the humans. To where the weather is changing.

Yes. Planet Earth is being decimated by too many humans.
That’s an overconsumption problem not a overpopulation problem

And again what does overpopulation mean, how would somebody quantify that

concise

Veteran
Daps
no one actually wants to have 10 - 15 kids where about half only survive to see adult hood

PM7ntYI8vtyuW3KyNnCs1p9KnR_Dczf1VGcGuIw9LUw.png

That would be a concern in the days before modern medicine. Nowadays, way more kids live to adulthood so you don't need to worry to much about that. The knowledge of that is also an effect. You don't need to have 8 kids to have a chance that 2 make it to adulthood. 2 or 3 kids now will do it.

Antibiotics and basic hygiene alone have saved so many lives. The discovery of penicillin is still not even 100 years old yet, but in many so-called 3rd world nations, you can straight up buy antibiotics over the counter.