Bioware putting their focus back on creating single player experiences with DA4

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yep, except they are what fall into the Free 2 play sub category, which lures you in with the fact that they’re free but try to entice you into micro transactions in order to make up for the cost. These are probably worse. A lot of them end up promoting loot boxes and gambling. Except you aren’t really gambling because you’re still losing money no matter what but you’re risking real world money on the uncertainty of in game rewards
Damn... I knew something wasn't right about getting genshin.....stopped after an hour. Smh.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Yep, except they are what fall into the Free 2 play sub category, which lures you in with the fact that they’re free but try to entice you into micro transactions in order to make up for the cost. These are probably worse. A lot of them end up promoting loot boxes and gambling. Except you aren’t really gambling because you’re still losing money no matter what but you’re risking real world money on the uncertainty of in game rewards
There is nothing in fortnite for sale that improves the game. All skins and emotes

That said kids are addicted tl those skins and emotes. My nephew only cares about that shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There is nothing in fortnite for sale that improves the game. All skins and emotes

That said kids are addicted tl those skins and emotes. My nephew only cares about that shyt

I’m aware. But they are raking in a shytload of cash off those skins and emotes and you can’t easily earn them through regular in-game means, which is where the problem lies.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People acting like just EA are the source of the problems...

Bioware themselves wanted it to be GAAS and people at EA convinced them otherwise due to the success of Fallen Order. BIoware is still very much the problem

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
This is why I'm nervous about Microsoft's Bethesda and Obsidian acquisitions as well. American companies in all areas, not just gaming, have a bad habit of buying up shyt and then the quality of what made them buy it for goes to shyt because instead of letting them continue to do their thing they gotta get their hands all in it. Look what EA did to Bioware, Bioware was a GOAT level game developer now they on :hhh: status.
But EA has a history of doing that and anyone who has watched what EA did to Westwood, Pandemic, or Visceral knew it wasn't good news for Bioware.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Don't know if Bioware still has the juice. They'll have to put out a good non remake game to redeem their rep.

Can't get hyped about them until they prove they still got it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don't know if Bioware still has the juice. They'll have to put out a good non remake game to redeem their rep.

Can't get hyped about them until they prove they still got it

I’m kinda worried their next game is dragon age after the mass effect remaster. I never really liked dragon age games.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
I’m kinda worried their next game is dragon age after the mass effect remaster. I never really liked dragon age games.
Why? Mass Effect got its turn. The last game was considered trash. They NEED to release Dragon Age next. It's their best shot.

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I mean I could have sworn that Dragon Age 4 was going to be an online game when they first announced it which is why I wasn't checking for it :mjlol:

They just need to do exactly what they did with DAI cause that shyt was piff and is a lowkey all time classic game:hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Takeaway Mass Effect 4 is not in active development but is in pre-production. Probably means we'll be lucky to see it inside of year 6-7 of this generation if it last that long.