Bioware putting their focus back on creating single player experiences with DA4

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:gucci:

We just acting like Dragon Age Inquisition didn't happen, breh?

I know they certainly TRIED to fukk it up (fukk that War Table), but it was still piff.

I liked inquisition on release but upon further review it was actually trash. No layer of strategy to it and the magic system was ass. A lot of roaming around empty maps and doing checklist quests. It's the same engine andromeda was based on, which was also trash for a lot of the same reasons.

Dragon age always been kinda trash :manny:

Origins is an undeniable classic RPG and is a must play for fans of the cRPG genre.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They haven’t made a good game since mass effect 3 and the blueprint was already there for them. That was almost 10 years ago.

This is why I'm nervous about Microsoft's Bethesda and Obsidian acquisitions as well. American companies in all areas, not just gaming, have a bad habit of buying up shyt and then the quality of what made them buy it for goes to shyt because instead of letting them continue to do their thing they gotta get their hands all in it. Look what EA did to Bioware, Bioware was a GOAT level game developer now they on :hhh: status.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This GAAS subscription, multi player only future some of these dikkheads long for not happening no time soon

I hope it never does honestly. Sony proves time and time again there is a HUGE market for single player gaming, and you can keep making money off single player games by releasing DLC expansions as well. Multiplayer only sounds fukking terrible. :scust:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

This is why I'm nervous about Microsoft's Bethesda and Obsidian acquisitions as well. American companies in all areas, not just gaming, have a bad habit of buying up shyt and then the quality of what made them buy it for goes to shyt because instead of letting them continue to do their thing they gotta get their hands all in it. Look what EA did to Bioware, Bioware was a GOAT level game developer now they on :hhh: status.

I believe Microsoft said they will be pretty hands off the development process and just kind of let their studios do their thing. They didn’t really change much of anything with wasteland 3 although they really should have stepped in for quality control purposes. The game is still broken till this day.

I think a lot of publishers are gonna learn to be more hands off these days when they make acquistitions

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I believe Microsoft said they will be pretty hands off the development process and just kind of let their studios do their thing. They didn’t really change much of anything with wasteland 3 although they really should have stepped in for quality control purposes. The game is still broken till this day.

I think a lot of publishers are gonna learn to be more hands off these days when they make acquistitions

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't get my hopes up. Avowed will be the game that determines if I buy a Series X or not.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Andromeda I’m not hype about anything BioWare does, the old team is gone and the new jacks are pretty much garbage :yeshrug:

Only thing I care about from them are remakes and remasters

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Games as a service. Which are games that get continually updated content with a focus on continually charging you for more features, like missions, costumes, character packs etc.

Ex. Destiny
Ahhhh okay.

Is that what Genshin Impact and Fortnite are?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ahhhh okay.

Is that what Genshin Impact and Fortnite are?

Yep, except they are what fall into the Free 2 play sub category, which lures you in with the fact that they’re free but try to entice you into micro transactions in order to make up for the cost. These are probably worse. A lot of them end up promoting loot boxes and gambling. Except you aren’t really gambling because you’re still losing money no matter what but you’re risking real world money on the uncertainty of in game rewards