Biden issues U.S.′ first AI executive order, requiring safety assessments, civil rights guidance, research on labor market impact

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's some good stuff in there so it's something, but at the same time it's impossible to completely regulate something on the internet. It feels like the cat has already been let out if the bag with AI.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
for prioritizing this over brokering a cease fire in a genocide in the middle east and a looming debt crisis back home

this isnt unimportant, there are just WAY more important things people will remember when election time rolls around. no one will give a shyt this old nikka signed an EO on AI. they WILL care that he co-signed israel bombing kids and still hasn't cancelled their fukkin student loans
Signing a Executive Order means he is prioritizing AI over a fukking war and debt issues.:dead:

Again, ya'll just say anything. It doesn't have to make sense as long as it makes you feel good.
I dont need to read it to be right.
:laff:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Congress seriously needs to get its act together and put forth legislation regarding A.I. EO only goes so far. If what A.I. experts are saying is true everything is about to change and with this country in political turmoil I feel we will not be prepared.

We may be entering an era where the need for most human labor will become obsolete. A.I. is rapidly accelerating and robotics isn't too far behind.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Congress seriously needs to get its act together and put forth legislation regarding A.I. EO only goes so far. If what A.I. experts are saying is true everything is about to change and with country in political turmoil I feel we will not be prepared.
Facts. This should ideally have been dealt with over a decade ago when Presidential candidates brought it up along with UBI. No one wanted to listen to those people though.

Waiting for an Executive Order, while something, really leaves us with a compromise somewhere and chances are many more areas. Every small instance of neglect has brought us here.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That part during his speech was crazy: potentially more technological progress in the next 5-10 years vs the last 50 years.

Considering what's happened the last 50 years, that's a bold statement, but I can see it happening.

I know some people will hate the regulations, but I can see the point of them.

read a comment yesterday in response to this question : "What is the singularity? Best one sentence answer."

I do think they're right about the next 5-10 years of progress that surpasses the last 50.
A.I is gonna be used to reengineer a lot of things and advance medical research/treatments.

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Congress seriously needs to get its act together and put forth legislation regarding A.I. EO only goes so far. If what A.I. experts are saying is true everything is about to change and with this country in political turmoil I feel we will not be prepared.

We may be entering an era where the need for most human labor will become obsolete. A.I. is rapidly accelerating and robotics isn't too far behind.

Is that a good world ? Or a bad world?

Daps
I dont need to read it to be right. most of these AI written by cacs will discriminate and target black folks it's been happening whereas law enforcement used AI tech to face ID black folks and arrested black folks the WRONG people ALL the times its been used...:stopitslime: miss me with your defending of this bullshyt

Part in bold is just ignorant. How can you call yourself "correct" when you haven't even looked at the material. What in the fukk? :russ:

Be better

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Not going to happen anytime soon because Congress is -

1. Mostly old and probably barely understand the implications of AI in the first place
2. Too partisan to pass anything meaningful anyway. Republicans will automatically vote against any bill introduced by a Dem and vice versa.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

what kind of legislation are you thinking about specifically?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that a good world ? Or a bad world?
It depends, which is why legislation is needed. At the rate we're going our future is looking a lot like cyber punk 2077. If we don't prepare for it now millions of people could be without a job with no social safety net and A.I. will be used for nefarious purposes (creating bio-weapons, mass misinformation,etc).

On the flip side A.I. could give us a future where clean energy is abundant, most diseases are cured, the worst of climate change is averted, human labor is obsolete and we have time to do the things we love. That's the most positive outcome and that is what we should be striving for as a society. But that can't happen if we have people in congress (and its mainly Republicans who're guilty of this) who're unwilling to compromise and are short-sighted.