dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden releases plan to empower black community

Biden releases plan to empower black community
Julia Manchester05/04/20 03:26 PM EDT
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential campaign on Monday rolled out its plan to empower black Americans, focusing on six major policy areas.

Biden plans to advance the “economic mobility” of the African American community, as well as put an end to the racial wealth and income gaps in the U.S. The plan calls for expanding African Americans’ access to credit and capital, as well as improving and expanding a number of Small Business Administration programs.

The plan will also aim to increase access to high-quality education by ending the funding gap between majority white and majority nonwhite school districts by tripling Title I funding.

Under the plan, the Obama administration’s policies to diversify schools would also be reinstated.

Additionally, the former vice president’s campaign announced that the presumptive 2020 nominee would invest over $70 billion in historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions.

Biden’s plan will also aim to eliminate disparities in health due to race. The campaign pointed specifically to the coronavirus pandemic, saying it has exposed serious racial inequalities in the U.S. health care system. The plan would establish a public health insurance option, increase subsidies for the Affordable Care Act and expand federal investments in Medicaid.

Under the same plan, no American will have to pay for coronavirus-related testing or treatment or any eventual vaccine.

Criminal justice reform is also addressed in the plan, which includes calling for sentence reform, a reduction in prison populations and expanding the Justice Department’s power to address misconduct by police and in prosecutors’ offices. The plan also touts the establishment of a $20 billion grant program to support criminal justice reform at the state and local levels.

The plan also addressed climate issues through reinstating Obama-era policies aimed at coming up with solutions for environmental injustices, as well as aiming to decrease pollution, ensure safe drinking water and work to aid communities that have been negatively impacted by climate change.

Biden pledged to appoint diverse Cabinet members, as well as Supreme Court and federal judges, and vowed as president to combat escalating violence against transgender women of color.

African American voters are a reliable bloc for Democrats, and Biden has polled well with black voters throughout the 2020 Democratic primary. The voting group’s support bolstered him to victory in a number of key states, including South Carolina, his first win in the nominating contest.

Seventy-three percent of black voters said they had a favorable view of Biden, according to a poll released last month by the left-leaning progressive group Black PAC.

Daps
Tangibles :banderas:

See this is what you get when you elect a candidate that at least has some connection to the black community by serving as the VP to the first black president and who owes black ppl for saving his campaign.

You get actual plans as opposed to Trump whose only selling point to black ppl is "what the hell do you have to lose"

Which we see now is 68,000 lives in a month and counting from COVID-19

I'm with Joe

Biden 2020:smugbiden:

Daps
Trump appointing unqualified hardcore alt-right wing white supremacist to judicial appointments for life. But Coli wants a check or they not voting :mjlol:. because 100 steps backwards is better then 2 steps forward smh

don't be confused breh. These coli MAGA boys been getting awy with pretending to be black for too long. We gotta start calling them out.

and you're right. Trump is doing everything he can to roll back every bit of progress black ppl have made in the past 50 yrs

not to mention the fact that he let 68,000 ppl die in a month from this virus.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
russell.gif

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't be confused breh. These coli MAGA boys been getting awy with pretending to be black for too long. We gotta start calling them out.

and you're right. Trump is doing everything he can to roll back every bit of progress black ppl have made in the past 50 yrs

not to mention the fact that he let 68,000 ppl die in a month from this virus.
Pretty much. At least on boxden you can easily spot them by their join date. But on here It’s much easier to blend in. And I’m convinced all this cut the check or we not voting is being pushed by trolls and bots. No president is gonna cut reparations right now. And if that’s all you care bout you just looking for a handout smh

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Have they given a rationalization for why it is they'd make sure no one has to pay for Covid19 testing and treatment but not any other diseases/illnesses?

Daps
Have they given a rationalization for why it is they'd make sure no one has to pay for Covid19 testing and treatment but not any other diseases/illnesses?

if I'm not mistaken, Trump and co are tryna push payment for treatments. It hasn't happened yet but these demons are looking for a way to get money out of us when we get tested for the virus.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
fukk pedo joe unless he Cuts the check :unimpressed: no reparations no vote. No tangibles no vote.
Is it No Reparations No Vote or No Black Agenda No Vote? :dwillhuh:

This mentality comes off as cutting your nose to spite your face at this point.

I've given #ADOS HELL, I know YOU know :usure: but if nothing else, THIS looks like a substantive victory in my eyes. I don't care for Biden OR the Democrats but damn breh, finally.... a comprehensive Black Agenda :lupe: I gotta hand it to em

Daps
Is it No Reparations No Vote or No Black Agenda No Vote? :dwillhuh:

This mentality comes off as cutting your nose to spite your face at thus point.

I've given #ADOS HELL, I know you know :usure: but if nothing else, THIS looks like a substantive victory in my eyes. I don't care for Biden OR the Democrats but damn breh, finally.... a comprehensive Black Agenda :lupe: I gotta hand it to em

let me ask you this, breh, not tryna start an argument, I promise. but be honest with me

between Biden and Trump, which of them do you feel can do something that would effectively help black ppl?