Bible brehs : Lets talk about Ephesians 6:5

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
On the surface, this certainly appears true. However, When looking at the evidence, one has to remember that the Bible was created in a time when slavery was certainly condoned. Paul’s letters mention slavery so often because Christianity appealed to slaves. Many slaves converted to the new religion of Christianity because of Christianity’s message of justice and freedom. Nonetheless, Christianity was an outlawed religion in the Roman Empire. Therefore, Paul counseled his followers, if they were slaves, to be peaceable and obedient so that further oppression would not be brought down on the heads of slaves as well as upon the members of the Church in general. The verses about obedience are not condoning slavery but are practical matters to try to prevent further suffering of Christians, whether slave or free.

So you are stating that certain passages in the Bible can be ignored as obsolete and based in a different context... :ehh:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
so being gay now isn't in the cogitation as being gay back then? :ohhh:

:youngsabo:

362_harv.gif

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
The Bible says :

New International Version (©1984)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

So wouldn't being a runaway be against the teachings of the bible? Is Harriet Tubman in hell for transgressing against god?

phesians 6:5

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Clear this up for us :popcorn:

:aicmon:
King James Version (KJV)

5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

screenname01

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Bible says :

New International Version (©1984)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

So wouldn't being a runaway be against the teachings of the bible? Is Harriet Tubman in hell for transgressing against god?

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Clear this up for us :popcorn:

u too easy mayne. the slaves is free aint they? you can see that much with your own eyes cant you? so that must mean God is for the slaves, and against slavery, right?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i would clear it up for you, but since your just trolling as we know you are a muslim and your just trying to bash christianity i won't.

actually just to add a little bit

Paul in Ephesians 6 is only addressing Christians who found themselves being in slavery, it basically gives them instruction and shows them in how they are to conduct themselves. As a christian in every situation you should be christ like, even when you are in slavery.

example when joseph was a slave in egypt after potipher wife cried rape and he was thrown in jail he found favor with the prison guard, not because he was angry and cursing everyone but because he was conducting himself righteously

as i said i know your just trolling and you heathens and sodomites will be on your f religion haha etc., but there i somewhat answered your question

Team Arliss

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^ Same... I don't want to type out a paragraph & some atheist get mad that it makes sense then bash it for 'trolling purposes' when they're really bash it because it made sense (but don't want it to make sense because they don't want to believe in the truth to begin with). Even me saying this will insinuate payback.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you brother, the bible was the word of god changed by (white) man. So some things in it are debatable and questionable. The Koran is the final unchanged word of god that will never change. The mention of slaves in it can be considered as POWs. Interpretation is key.

:snoop:

men told u that