Beyond Two Souls not doing too well with reviewers

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Polygon's review is my favorite:

With Beyond: Two Souls, Quantic Dream has smoothed away nearly all the rough edges in how it presents its stories. The other edge of that sword is that it lays the stories themselves bare to be judged entirely on their own. With so many of the traditional elements of gameplay stripped away, like challenge and exploration, a tremendous amount of weight is put on Beyond's story to carry the day. While it's exhilarating to see a team that has worked so hard to perfect a new way of telling stories, I couldn't help wishing they had a perfect one to tell.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Then give it an 8.5. :russ:
Yeah I don't see your point. They think the story was not perfect. That's a fair criticism to give and still enjoy the product as a whole.

For the sake of accuracy, it was an 8 and not an 8.5. Here is how Polygon defines an 8:

Eights are great games, and easily recommendable with caveats in mind. They're examples of consistently sound design, or a novel concept well-developed around a functional core. A game that executes well enough to be remembered, even if there are better contemporaries.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah I don't see your point. They think the story was not perfect. That's a fair criticism to give and still enjoy the product as a whole.

For the sake of accuracy, it was an 8 and not an 8.5. Here is how Polygon defines an 8:
Polygon has no credibility. They give one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us a 7.5 and then criticize beyond 2 souls story giving it an 8 and given an xbl arcade game about zombies an 8.5. :russ: Their reviews are agreed upon by the staff. I hope you dont put stock in their reviews, Kode.

Lets not allow websites with a nice design to influence us so effectively, friend.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Polygon has no credibility. They give one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us a 7.5 and then criticize beyond 2 souls story giving it an 8 and given an xbl arcade game about zombies an 8.5. :russ: Their reviews are agreed upon by the staff. I hope you dont put stock in their reviews, Kode.
This is the problem. People care too much about scores. There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin. How about just reading the content of the actual review and using that to help you understand what the game is about and what the reviewer did and didn't like. Not everyone is going to have the same exact opinion not to mention two completely different people reviewed the two games in question.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the problem. People care too much about scores. There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin. How about just reading the content of the actual review and using that to help you understand what the game is about and what the reviewer did and didn't like. Not everyone is going to have the same exact opinion not to mention two completely different people reviewed the two games in question.
scores matter bro :comeon:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The producer of this game said that "Game overs are a failure of the game designer." FOH with that shyt.:camby:

And Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain were :trash:. Bout time people wised up to his bullshyt excuses for video games.